Windows 10: windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

Discus and support windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using two physical hard drives encrypted with bitlocker as FDEfull disk encryption. And I have one virtual hard drive encrypted with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UndyingJaguar47, Feb 19, 2020.

1. windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

Hello.

I'm using two physical hard drives encrypted with bitlocker as FDEfull disk encryption.

And I have one virtual hard drive encrypted with bitlocker in one of the two drives like below.

C:\ // bitlocker FDE, OS installed, Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit

D:\ // bitlocker FDE, for data storage

D:\my_secrets.vhd // virtual hard drive encrypted with bitlocker

And I assigned driver letter to X:\ for when the vhd file is connected.

last week, when I connected to the vhd filemy_secrets.vhd,

there are a error message with "the parameter is incorrect".

To solve this error, I looked disk management.

I could see X:\ drive file system is not NTFS but "unknown" encrypted with bitlocker

Then, I just removed assigned driver letter from registry and rebooted.

After rebooting, I connected the vhd file. And the connection was successful, assigned as F:\ drive letter.

But, today, the same problem is issued.

When I try to connect the vhd file, I can see same error message.

How can I solve this problem?

ps. I have copied vhd file to new one, but it's not solved after a few connections and booting.

Thanks.

:)

UndyingJaguar47, Feb 19, 2020

2. Bitlocker VHD Errors

I have a number of VHD's which are encrypted with bitlocker. When I either double click one of the VHD files or right click and select the 'Mount' option I get an error 'Location is not available' 'X:\ is not accessible' 'Access is denied'. Then the tab
    appears which lets me enter the bitlocker password for the VHD and it mounts. Is there a way to prevent the error screen coming up every time prior to entering the password?

Thanks

Steve

blues-riff, Feb 19, 2020
  3. MarkS.1 Win User
    Bitlocker VHD not mounting

When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message:

Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume

When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker password. But now there is no password prompt and I get the latter error.

How do I get this vhd to mount?

MarkS.1, Feb 19, 2020
  4. windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

Bitlocker +VHD Bug?

Whenever I attach the Bitlocker-encrypted VHD, windows 10 immediately tries to explore the new drive and pops up a blank explorer window and an error "H:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." Then I am prompted for a password. Windows 7 foes not display
    this behavior. I haven't tested windows 8, but I suspect this error will occur there, as well.

Rocky Essing, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

1. windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error - Similar Threads - bitlocker vhd connection

2. Windows 11 VHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 VHD: For Google Cloud you guys may not be a fan, but my Azure credit ran out, and Google offered me some, you need a VHD or a VMDK image file.I see Microsoft support VHD for the Windows Server editions, but I just want your standard old Windows 11, if thats not possible, Windows...
  3. Windows 11 VHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 VHD: For Google Cloud you guys may not be a fan, but my Azure credit ran out, and Google offered me some, you need a VHD or a VMDK image file.I see Microsoft support VHD for the Windows Server editions, but I just want your standard old Windows 11, if thats not possible, Windows...
  4. Vhd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vhd: How do I convert back from a vhd after I made it I realized I do not need it and it's taking up a lot of my storage space how do I flip it back into physical storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/21a5eb1e-18bf-4f96-88c4-0d7a95ab3a73
  5. Interaction Between Bitlocker and a Virtual Hard Drive VHD in a RAID 1 Volume on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interaction Between Bitlocker and a Virtual Hard Drive VHD in a RAID 1 Volume on Windows 10: I have a RAID 1 mirroring volume on two SSD's in my system, and I have gotten Bitlocker to encrypt this volume by setting up a virtual hard drive VHD on the volume and setting it to the size of the volume. This is a bit of a workaround because Bitlocker only works with...
  6. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  7. How to BitLocker encrypt a VHD or VHDX Container file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to BitLocker encrypt a VHD or VHDX Container file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can use BitLocker to encrypt a VHD or VHDX (Virtual Hard Disk) file mounted as a drive. In this post, we will show you how to create a portable BitLocker encrypted container file using a mounted VHD or VHDX [...] This post How to BitLocker encrypt a VHD...
  8. Bitlocker VHD not mounting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker VHD not mounting: When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message: Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker...
  9. Create BitLocker Encrypted Container File with VHD or VHDX in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create BitLocker Encrypted Container File with VHD or VHDX in Windows: How to: Create BitLocker Encrypted Container File with VHD or VHDX in Windows How to Create BitLocker Encrypted Container File with a VHD or VHDX File in Windows You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...
  10. Bootable VHD's possible in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Bootable VHD's possible in Windows 10 Pro?: Can't seem to find an answer to this online... I can make a bootable VHD of Win 10 in Win 7 but nobody seems to speak up about making a bootable VHD of previous Windows versions in Win 10... Anyone know if it's possible? Cheers Looks like it is possible:...