Windows 10: Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem

Discus and support Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, for the past 2 or 3 months i've been having a really frustrating problem with my screen flashing or flickering black and then pausing a thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NilesTheThreat, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem

Hello,

for the past 2 or 3 months i've been having a really frustrating problem with my screen flashing or flickering black and then pausing a thing that's in fullscreen.

There are two examples of what i'm meaning:

Video 1 0:05, 0:025, Youtube video

Video 2 Warthunder gameplay

What i noticed is that every time that flash happens my ethernet usage spikes up. So because of that i recorded my ethernet packets with Wireshark and this is what came up at the same time the flash happened: https://imgur.com/a/0V70Pa2

I don't have a clue what this all means so it was a shot in a dark for me but it might mean something for someone who knows networking. I only know that the green fields are the flash.

It happens at random times and it lasts for random amount of time. When it happens it usually does this every 15 seconds or so.

I've tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers but it does the same thing even without drivers with the standard display adapter driver.

My specs:

Ryzen 2600 stock

16gb 3200mhz

Asus TUF B450M-Gaming Plus

Asus GTX 1660

MX500 500gb

P300 3TB

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1909, build 18363.657

Thank you so much in advance!

submitted by /u/NilesTheThreat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NilesTheThreat, Feb 16, 2020

2. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

First allow me to apologize if using this incorrectly... windows 10 HP pavilion... have a flickering black screen on start-up that corrects itself then re-occurs at various times... there is a 1/4" white flickering line on top of black flickering screen and at times also on bottom of screen. Have had Windows 10 since first offered and have had no trouble until this began a week ago... I have read and read again all the self-help and honestly do not understand... I have most limited computer skill and called HP for help... would cost me 139. for online help...I am an old gal living on minimum set income and declined their offer. Hoping this forum will be able to help me. I would appreciate any simply explained step-by-step instructions on correcting this black screen flickering issue. Thank you for any consideration.

greneldajane, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem

1. Windows 10 black flashing/flickering problem - Similar Threads - black flashing flickering

2. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  3. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  4. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. black flickering screens in windows 7 to 10 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black flickering screens in windows 7 to 10 problems: millions of people complaining about flickering or black screens on windows and pci express display cards. There is nothing wrong with windows or the display cards or the cables it is the bad quality monitors they selling us that can not handle the upgrades . When buying...
  6. Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?: A couple days ago I started getting black screen flickers that wouldn't stop until I restarted my pc and would come back a couple hours later causing me to have to restart the pc again to fix it and having to continue that process. I thought it was my graphics drivers at...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Screen Keeps Flashing and Flickering: I'm sorry for any bad grammar mistakes I might make, English is not exactly my first language and I this is also my first time posting here. I am also on mobile and it's a bit hard to find mistakes on the touch screen. I have had Windows 10 for more than a year now and I...
  8. Task bar flickers and screen flashes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar flickers and screen flashes black: a auto update happened and now when a domain user logs in the screen flashes and task bar flashes. If I log on to computer as local admin no issue Did DISM Did health Check Removed profile tried a user who never logged in works fine in safemode tried clean boot...
  9. Windows 10 pro Black flickering screen problem!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pro Black flickering screen problem!: Emachine windows 7 upgraded from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 pro. Had black flicker screen problem with the windows 10 pro previously. And had other issues as well with signing in to my microsoft games on my pc. So to fix the micrsoft pc games problem I removed everything from...
  10. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...