Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please explain why Microsoft locks a thread when the issue has NOT been resolved. Microsoft posts an elementary answer... then locks the thread so you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SeacoastSteven, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY

Please explain why Microsoft locks a thread when the issue has NOT been resolved. Microsoft posts an elementary answer... then locks the thread so you can't respond to them. Pathetic!!

Case in point. THOUSANDS (probably more like tens of thousands) of Windows 10 users (myself included) have posted complaints about the Windows 10 "black" font is too gray and very hard to read on the web... and no it's not our eyes or websites that think using a hard to read gray-ish font will look cool!! Microsoft posted a long elementary answer on how to turn on Cleartype... then closed the thread so you can't respond to the person at Microsoft (you can respond to USERS that post to the thread... but not to the Microsoft answer). NEWSFLASH.... 99% of us already have Cleartype turned on before we posted our problem!!

i just looked at my AT&T bill details in an online PDF file and i could barely see it. i could see it... but the font was so gray i'm not able to take a clear picture of it as i needed to do.

Turning on CLEARTYPE DOES NOT RESOLVE THIS ISSUE..... IT REQUIRES AN INTERNAL SOFTWARE FIX at Microsoft. The Windows software engineers need to be solving this and posting a solution (or better yet, just including the fix in a Windows update).... not some freshly graduated employee working in Microsoft web services.

:)

SeacoastSteven, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Oldpcdawg Win User

Win 10 O.S, gray system fonts

In reply to your questions:

Windows update version. Windows 10 Home Full Retail purchased as download from Microsoft store online. Present version number : 10.0.14393.447

- Troubleshooting steps that you've done so far.

Tried to find solutions in Settings/Control Panel/preferences . But there is nothing that shows how to change the light gray fonts.

Searched uSoft community for Win 10, Plenty of questions on this subject but no suitable solution found.

- Is this grey font happening on all application?

No I have some applications where its not an issue.

Note as an exaple of this font this reply to you is in gray fonts, The whole uSoft board uses it . Take a look for yourself.

Adobe reader doesnt show gray fonts, , but file manager menu items are in gray fonts.

So to re-iterate my question : Is there a way to change gray fots being used within Windows 10 operating system to black fonts. ?

Oldpcdawg, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Roehrle Win User
    Increase font gray to dark black ??

The characters are difficult to read due to the light gray color on a bright screen.How can I increase the font to black to make it easier to see ??? Increasing the size would also help. I found one screen to increase font size but it didn't work.

Roehrle, Apr 14, 2019
  4. jasbond Win User

Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY

set font in win 10 to black

The page i am writing on now is gray, Web pages are gray text. windows 10 info frames text is gray. I want all text to be black.

jasbond, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY

1. Windows 10 Black Font is too GRAY - Similar Threads - Black Font too

2. Windows 10 - black and gray screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - black and gray screen after login: After I reinstalled windows, this happens the second I login to windows, I've tried updating drivers, tried going back a system restore and everything, please help...
  3. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  4. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  5. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I change the font from gray to black?

How do I change the font from gray to black?: It seems MS has decided to use pale gray font all over the place. Very difficult to see for some of us and glasses don't help this issue. Enlarging helps some but, not enough. High contrast doesn't help. The only thing that will work is black font or very, very dark gray....
  7. Fonts too big in windows 10

Fonts too big in windows 10: In some of the applications I have on my Windows 10, the fonts on pop-up windows are too big. I set the screen resolution and scaling to minimum but it didn't help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10

Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10: why do i have too small fonts in the applications in windows 10 tho i tried to fix the resolutions but still nothing works. also i dont have the option (advanced display setting)...
  9. Increase font gray to dark black ??

Increase font gray to dark black ??: The characters are difficult to read due to the light gray color on a bright screen.How can I increase the font to black to make it easier to see ??? Increasing the size would also help. I found one screen to increase font size but it didn't work. 51021
  10. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368