Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So yesterday I went to shut down my computer when Windows only gave me the option "Update & Shut Down" so I gave in and let it do its thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pren, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Pren Win User

Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update

Hello,

So yesterday I went to shut down my computer when Windows only gave me the option "Update & Shut Down" so I gave in and let it do its thing and update. I left it to update over night and came back this morning to a black loading screen with a little spiral spinning around and around. I could use my mouse but ctrl alt delete or any other shortcut didn't do anything.
    Pics including specs and a photo of the loading screen here: Help - Album on Imgur

I've tried restarting it and booting up in safe mode but no progress unfortunately :/.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    cheers

:)

Pren, Sep 9, 2016

2. Black Screen after loading latest window update (Feb. 2, 2018)

Hello DColbyjr,

I'd like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Are you getting error messages when trying to open applications?
    • Can you please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

Since you were able to access your desktop after booting your PC in safe mode, let's perform System Restore on your PC.
    System Restore takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Recovery.
    • Click Open System Restore.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic update.
    • Select Next, and hit Finish.
    Note: If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search forRecovery, and then select Recovery > Configure
    System Restore
    > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 9, 2016
  3. DColbyjr Win User
    Black Screen after loading latest window update (Feb. 2, 2018)

When the latest windows update was finished loading, it promoted to shut down. When restarted it went through user login sequence, then went to a Black Screen. Opened windows in safe mode and got dialog box 'Need a new app to open ms-get-started'. Most
    applications in Win-X don't open.

DColbyjr, Sep 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, there are numerous threads on this, albeit typically about the previous upgrade.
    Here's one 15 pages long, which should provide some suggestions.
    Solved Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Windows 10 Forums

Please have a look through- various people found different solutions.
    And feel free to search for more.

If you find a solution- please post back.. and if not, please post back with what you've tried. Good luck!

dalchina, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Pren Win User
    Okay cheers I'll report back.

Pren, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update - Similar Threads - Black Loading Screen

2. Black screen after windows loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows loading screen: Hi, My pc won't load past the loading screenwindows 10 logo and circling dots when i boot it up as and all i get is a black screen. I recently bought a new gpu GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti with a HDMI and 3 DP pisplayport. My monitor has a vga cable so i use a DP to VGA...
  3. Windows 10 latest update black screen issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update black screen issue: Hello there. I have an Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop. It's the default system, no added anything else. I got a notification from MS saying that my current OS would not be supported in the future, please update to the latest OS to be supported in the future. When I did...
  4. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  5. Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen: Hey Guys, after the Windows loading screen with the rotating circle, I only get a black screen... I already started windows in save mode and disabled all startup-programs etc. but it didn't work... after that, I tried to start Windows in a clean boot, but after I shut down...
  6. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  7. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update: Hi all. My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the update had failed and left the laptop with a black screen. The removal notice said not to turn off the computer but it's been...
  8. Black screens after loading Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screens after loading Windows: When I have two displays connected windows loads into black screen and my displays say there is no signal, and the PC is on and I can hear windows in the background. But windows will work and display work with only one display connected, with either display....
  9. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  10. Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update: Yesterday I switched on my Lenovo laptop and there were 2 horizontal black lines on the screen. One runs right across the screen and one is around 3cm long. They are of varying thickness and appear to change- possibly growing and becoming thicker. The previous time that I was...