Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by janagilea, Jan 31, 2022.

1. janagilea Win User

Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any response. So if I then restart my laptop by holding down the power button, I can get to the login screen on restart, but after entering my password the welcome screen may take up to 25 minutes to finish. Startup Repair didn't help either.Any help would be appreciated.*** moved to english Community ***

:)

janagilea, Jan 31, 2022
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart :)

Hendry, Jan 31, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

1. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart - Similar Threads - black screen boot

2. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  7. Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.: It also made my bootup longer even when Im on an ssd. I don't really know how to fix this. Here's the vid in action. I zoomed in on the middle and you can still see my login splash is still slightly visible. Everything works fine after the flashing though. It only started...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating: I have a dual boot windows 10 32 and 64 bit.The 1809 update for 64 bit went smoothly.But after updating and restarting stuck at welcome screen. in 32 bit .Automatic repair trouble shoot is tried but with no luck. I am able to to enter into safe mode.Help is requested 119101
  9. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen "jumping" after restart: Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX). Recently, I observed two problems on my system: 1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there...