Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after logging in.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after logging in. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I've logged into my desktop and after logging in, I get the black screen with cursor. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TKlemp, Feb 3, 2019.

1. TKlemp Win User

Windows 10 black screen after logging in.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I've logged into my desktop and after logging in, I get the black screen with cursor. I have followed a lot of Microsoft's thoughts on this but they have not helped. I have listed what I have tried over the past 2 days.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Action 1: The screen does not wake up.

Action 2: Task Manager may open but my screen is still black.

Action 3: When I follow the steps to boot into safe mode, I am unable to access the Device Manager in safe mode.

Action 4: See action 3.

Action 5: I am unable to select the Start button while in safe mode. Pretty much the only thing that I can do in safe mode is open the Task Manager and open the Chrome browser.

Action 6: System Restore was turned off so there are no restore points.

Action 7: See action 5.

Action 8: Have not tried this yet.

Other steps that I have tried.

I selected the Startup Repair in the Advance options window after hitting the Shift + Restart button from the sign in screen.

I tried resetting the PC and selected the option to save personal files and that did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

TKlemp, Feb 3, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 3, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Dadicator Win User

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 black screen after logging in. - Similar Threads - black screen logging

2. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  3. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  4. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  6. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  7. Black Screen After Logging In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  8. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen after logging in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black screen after logging in: Hey, I just attempted to install Windows 10 on my new PC. However, it appears there's an issue.. During the upgrade process, the screen went blank @ 75% and didn't come back. There was active HDD activity, so I waited until it stopped before restarting the PC. Upon...
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785