Windows 10: Windows 10 Black screen after logging in

Discus and support Windows 10 Black screen after logging in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I just attempted to install Windows 10 on my new PC. However, it appears there's an issue.. During the upgrade process, the screen went blank @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SingularityRS, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Black screen after logging in

Hey, I just attempted to install Windows 10 on my new PC. However, it appears there's an issue..

During the upgrade process, the screen went blank @ 75% and didn't come back. There was active HDD activity, so I waited until it stopped before restarting the PC.

Upon restarting the PC, everything went fine and I got the "Hi" messages and so on. After that, the screen went black again and didn't come back.

After waiting, I forced-shutdown the PC and turned it back on. Windows logo appeared and everything seemed fine. Login screen appeared and I could login. After that, the cursor froze and the screen immediately turned black - and it stays that way. What's wrong?

NOTE: This PC has no integrated graphics

Specs:

AMD Athlon 860k processor @ 3.7GHz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 750Ti 2GB (MSI)
    1TB HDD
    8GB DDR3 RAM

I'm currently using a secondary PC and may have to go back to Windows 7, but I can't seem to interact quick enough to get to the option that allows you to revert. It freezes and goes black before I can :S

I tried tapping F8 on boot but nothing happens, it goes straight to Windows logo.

Any ideas?

:)

SingularityRS, Oct 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 blank and grey screens

I have an HP Probook 6560b laptop. I tried to migrate from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. The Windows 10 log in screen comes up fine, but when I log in, after about 1 minute, the screen goes black. I can use ctl alt del to bring up the task manager.
    When I tried the Troubleshoot black screen problems link
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems
    I was able to get into the "Safe Mode", but the screen immediately goes black after logging in to Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Edward William Jones, Oct 9, 2015
  3. gbax1989 Win User
    Windows 10 black screen after logging in

I upgraded my laptop last night from windows 7 to windows 10. The download went smoothly and I was originally able to log-in and see my home screen. After approximately 1 minute the screen goes completely black and displays just the cursor.

After several reboots, the problem still persists. Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this???!!

Extremely frustrating as this is my only computer and I am a graduate student taking a summer course. Come on Microsoft!

gbax1989, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Black screen after logging in

When it goes black is the Cursor in the middle where the password goes.
    If it is enter your login password and press enter.
    That should get you into the desktop
    Let us know if that worked

hTconeM9user, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Nope. I had to revert back to Windows 7.

Everything loaded fine to start with. Log in screen appears, and I'm even able to log in as normal and see the desktop. But after a while, the cursor will freeze and everything goes black. Sometimes the cursor stays there, and other times it's non-existent.

I think it's a GPU problem. My system does not have an integrated graphics card, so it's obviously trying to use the graphics driver already on my system (which probably isn't compatible). I don't get this issue on Windows 7, so it's clearly a driver issue.

I'm not sure how to workaround this though considering my system doesn't have integrated graphics.

SingularityRS, Oct 12, 2015
  6. Go to who ever made your laptop/computer on there site see if they have the latest drivers if they have upgrade them,

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Black screen after logging in

1. Windows 10 Black screen after logging in - Similar Threads - Black screen logging

2. Window 10 - black screen after log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 - black screen after log in.: Windows10 pc. Boots to welcome and allows entering of PIN but then gives black screen. It is not a monitor problem as i am able to see the mouse cursor when moved and ctrl+alt+del give me the blue lock screen and selecting task manager makes this visible on the otherwise...
  3. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  4. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  5. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  7. Black Screen After Logging In

Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  8. Windows 10 black screen after logging in.

Windows 10 black screen after logging in.: Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I've logged into my desktop and after logging in, I get the black screen with cursor. I have followed a lot of Microsoft's thoughts on this but they have not helped. I have listed what I have tried over the past 2...
  9. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785