Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after login

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Conrad Braam, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 black screen after login

Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task manager on the black screen to start "explorer" an old trick that used to work back in windows NT 3.5 then my desktop springs to life almost as if nothing went wrong at all.Anyone got a profile conversion or fixer app or trick using recovery mode? Considering backing up my user profile, just from experience that is always

:)

Conrad Braam, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 21, 2022
  3. Black Screen with Pointer

Hi Costa,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will surely help you with simple steps to resolve your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the black screen with courser appears after login or before login?

• Did you make any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to refer to the below link where the same type of issue had been discussed, refer to the suggestion given by
    Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 21, 2022
  4. Windows 10 black screen after login

Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Mar 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after login

1. Windows 10 black screen after login - Similar Threads - black screen login

2. Windows 10 Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen After Login: Hello,When I log in to my windows PC, it gives a black screen only with access to my cursor and task manager. I can open my files and the internet from this point but still cant seem to get rid of the black screen after login.Things that have been tried:Disable fast...
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Black Screen After Login: Hello,When I log in to my windows PC, it gives a black screen only with access to my cursor and task manager. I can open my files and the internet from this point but still cant seem to get rid of the black screen after login.Things that have been tried:Disable fast...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  7. Black Screen after Windows Login

Black Screen after Windows Login: Hi, I suddenly started to get a black screen no cursor after logging into Windows. A couple of times when the problem started, I was able to see my desktop after logging in maybe 25% of the time but now the issue is happening every time. Weirdly enough, I don't see my BIOS...
  8. Windows black screen after login

Windows black screen after login: So basically, I shut down my pc to go do something else and when I came back and turned on my pc, after logging into my account, I was presented with a black screen with a cursor. I tried restarting windows explorer via task manager, restarting the pc, using Windows logo key...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen after login

Windows 10 Black Screen after login: After i log into windows because i have a password then i just see a black sreen with mouse nothing else. I can open task manager and open there the explorer but i tryed to fix this and nothing happend. I have to wait like 5-30 min. I think the problem is to this problem...
  10. windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 black screen after login: hello i have the following problem i have a nubmer of local accounts on my pc. in one account after lon on i get a black screen . if i press enter i get the cursorr, an if i press ctl_alt_del i get blue screen with options sign out, task manager etc. Other accounts seems...