Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after POST

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after POST in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been built for a while now. It has always seemed to struggle to boot - it has to "boot" twice each time. Sometimes it black screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kin Long Sha, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 black screen after POST

My computer has been built for a while now. It has always seemed to struggle to boot - it has to "boot" twice each time. Sometimes it black screens after POST, but after restarting it boots normally.

But now when I turn it on, it stays in the black screen after POST and will not respond. I tried turning it off and restarting it a couple times. Now it attempts the Start-up Repair after the POST.

It doesn't fix it of course. It no longer black screens after POSTing, but instead goes straight to the Start-up Repair, which inevitably fails to help. I can't seem to enter Safe Mode.

First I tried the System Restore twice.

Then I tried to go back to a previous version, but it wouldn't let me.

After checking online, I tried this:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-rebuild-the-bcd-in-windows-2624508

But when I enter "c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s" into the command prompt, it says "Path not found - C:\boot. Further googling told me to try typing in "bcdboot c:\windows /s c:". This yields a "Boot files successfully created", but I still get the "Path not found".

sfc /scannow doesn't help.

Please help me.

:)

Kin Long Sha, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 post-installation black screen

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

For the black screen issue, I would suggest you to try the additional steps as suggested in the following article:

Black screen and not signed in to windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 black screen after POST

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after POST

1. Windows 10 black screen after POST - Similar Threads - black screen POST

2. Blue screen after post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after post: Hello! My pc have the following configuration:Ryzen 5 7600B650 Gaming XRTX3060 12GB32GB RAM DDR5 6000MHz2x M.2 SSD's1x S-ata SSD1xS-ata HDDSuper Flower Leadex 2 gold 650W PSU.Windows 11 pro build 22631I got a blue screen right after the post there was succesfully post,...
  3. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sign in page post update: Hi, so my laptop runs windows 10. I sae there was an update for windows 10 and also an option to update to windows 11, i ignored both. I went to put my laptop into sleep mode because i was going out and saw it was updating before going into sleep mode. Im unsure if it was the...
  4. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sign in page post update: Hi, so my laptop runs windows 10. I sae there was an update for windows 10 and also an option to update to windows 11, i ignored both. I went to put my laptop into sleep mode because i was going out and saw it was updating before going into sleep mode. Im unsure if it was the...
  5. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen, Now PC won't post.

Black screen, Now PC won't post.: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600x GTX 1660 Super Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3200mhz Getting red CPU LED on motherboard. Have reseated RAM and CPU. Have also Removed CMOS battery Was having problems before with my PC BSOD, won't post I got new RAM and installed a...
  7. After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login: Hello, I'm running a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). Windows is booting from NVME (WD SN850), which is setup correctly in the BIOS. At boot, the ASUS logo pops up, the Windows "circle of dots" spins for a moment, and then the screen goes dark for...
  8. Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST

Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST: I researched this issue on internet and I found nothing. I guess I'm the only weird pc owner here?... I formatted my PC yesterday and updated EVERYTHING that must be updated and even some more just to make sure this PC won't suck again like last time... I tried to turn...
  9. Windows 10 - Post-Update Black Screen (No Boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Post-Update Black Screen (No Boot): Hello there, I've had an issue with my Windows 10 on my PC since yesterday at around 7pm EST. I came home from work, and my PC was sitting on the Desktop, as per usual, I could access my files, browse, play games, ETC, and there were no issues, but I wanted to restart my PC...
  10. Post login black screen after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Post login black screen after windows 10 update: Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe...