Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after reboot. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jp8887, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Jp8887 Win User

Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach out to our remote service and allow us to connect, but nothing is displayed nor can we run any commands. Safe mode displays the same black screen.Do not see any updates that were recently installed. We are booting from a USB stick and trying repair now.

:)

Jp8887, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

FreeBooter, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

1. Windows 10 black screen after reboot. - Similar Threads - black screen reboot

2. Windows reboots randomly after black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reboots randomly after black screen: My pc just been restarting randomly while playing. It does not display any BSOD or creates any minidump. Im dont know if it might be a PSU or GPU related problem and i have no idea how to correctly read the event viewer. This only happens when playing games like Fortnite,...
  3. Windows reboots randomly after black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reboots randomly after black screen: My pc just been restarting randomly while playing. It does not display any BSOD or creates any minidump. Im dont know if it might be a PSU or GPU related problem and i have no idea how to correctly read the event viewer. This only happens when playing games like Fortnite,...
  4. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen after reboot.: We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach...
  5. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after reboot.: We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach...
  6. Screen go black after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen go black after reboot: I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an app, they open and then freezes a few seconds--then goes black for about 10 to 13 seconds. After that I can click on...
  7. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  8. Windows 10 reboots to black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 reboots to black screen: I am having this issue since the start , whenever I reboot my computer , windows logo appears and after that a black screen. It does not happen when I start my laptop , just happens when I restart it. I usually fix the issue by closing the laptop lid and opening again. Can...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black screen after reboot: I am getting a black screen after rebooting windows. I did a blind login and I can hear the notifications and my windows logging into my profile. From there in out its just a black screen with the mouse pointer. Need help asap. My laptop is asus r558u windows 10 creators...
  10. Reboots after logo then black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots after logo then black screen: My basic specs: CPU - 5960X MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme GPU: GTX 980 I turn my computer on, see the BIOS just fine, it shows the Windows 10 logo, then a black screen. If I move my mouse around, I see the cursor. After nearly 30 seconds (i'm guessing), my computer...