Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after restart

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello all, i am using acer aspire v3-581g laptop. Yesterday while i was surfing online my laptop was hang and nothing was working. So i did force... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shriyansh shanker, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 black screen after restart

hello all,

i am using acer aspire v3-581g laptop. Yesterday while i was surfing online my laptop was hang and nothing was working. So i did force restart by pressing power button. When boot screen appear it only shows a black screen. Nothing else. I waited more than 30 min. But nothing working. Then i did force restart again. Every time same black screen appears for long long time. I did force restart more than 10-15 times but it always stuck on black screen.

After few may tries i got the windows troubleshooting screen. Which ask me to reset windows or continue with windows 10. Then i select continue with windows. After that it takes almost 20 mints to get my password screen another 25 min to get my home screen. After that my home screen showing black with only wall paper, not any icons. On taskbar it showing only showing windows button. I tried to start task manager which shows me loading cursor so long. But didn’t open. then u tried to open command prompt by clicking on windows button. But still not working.i can not run system diagnosis. I can not open any option in windows to check where’s the problem.

Need support with this

many many thanks in advance.

:)

shriyansh shanker, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Zaspera Win User
    black screen upon restart

i just installed drivers for a geforce 210..restarted for it to take effect and all i get on restart is a black screen after windows loads etc but the monitor is on..any idea what to do?

Zaspera, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 black screen after restart

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after restart

1. Windows 10 black screen after restart - Similar Threads - black screen restart

2. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  3. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  4. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Black Screen after restarting to reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen after restarting to reset: Last night, I decided to reset my PCHP Omen 30L and I pressed reset, it told me to wait to restart so it could start reseting. It restarted like a minute later, to only be greeted with a black screen. The monitor was still on, showing that the pc was still sort of sending a...
  6. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after restart: Every time i try to Restart my laptop i get a black screen, but if i turn it off and then wait like 3 minutes it turns on fine. The problem is that i tried to do a factory reset to my computer but it has to restart to apply it but it gets stuck in the black screen. Does...
  7. Black Screen after Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after Restart: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590. Everything went smoothly, got all drivers updated and softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only that I have never experienced before. I've researched and tried just about everything for almost 2...
  8. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after restart: My computer was recently updated a few days ago. It was working as it would until yesterday. It powers on but a black screen appears and the keyboard is frozen. The only key working is the power button. I have tried many things with no success. Any help is much appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 black screen after updateding and restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after updateding and restarting it: Hello , I've a problem with my Windows 10 , After I updated it yesterday and asked me to restart my laptop, it opened with black screen each time i tried to open, it keeps pops up after Dell loading screen and before the login screen , A black screen with white dash on...
  10. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...