Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i turn on my PC it loads up for a few seconds showing the windows startup screen with the blue windows symbol and then the screen goes black and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ethanboyes, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 black screen after startup

When i turn on my PC it loads up for a few seconds showing the windows startup screen with the blue windows symbol and then the screen goes black and i cant do anything. My keyboard and mouse stop working and i cant do anything. The PC remains on and is quiet except from the fan inside. Ive tried everything i can and i still wont work. Ive tried every method to boot it up in windows safe mode but it wont work. Ive tried to start the windows automatic repair options when booting up but that does not work. Everything ive looked at to help requires windows automatic repair or windows safe mode. I cant access both. Any help would be great

:)

ethanboyes, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 30, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Windows 10 black screen after startup

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after startup

1. Windows 10 black screen after startup - Similar Threads - black screen startup

2. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 screen black after startup: HelloWhen i turn on my pc first time a day i see login page and after that there is all black screenI cant do anything so i turn off my pc by holding power button for 10 seconds Then i turn on my pc again and after login i have my desktop and i see everythingIt started...
  3. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 screen black after startup: HelloWhen i turn on my pc first time a day i see login page and after that there is all black screenI cant do anything so i turn off my pc by holding power button for 10 seconds Then i turn on my pc again and after login i have my desktop and i see everythingIt started...
  4. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  5. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows black screen after startup

Windows black screen after startup: I've had this issue for the past month or so, but when I sometimes restart my windows 10 pc and after every update, it asks me to sign in & put my password & everything, but when it says welcome, I see a black screen after that. This lasts from 30 minutes to even 2 hours...
  8. Black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after startup: Black screen before windows start up Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started...
  9. Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.: After the latest windows 10 update, my computer keeps getting a black screen at startup. I have not been able to get past it. It worked perfectly prior to the update. Is there any known way to fix this? Or am I going to have to take some sort of legal matters since...
  10. black screen after startup

black screen after startup: After startup my monitor is black. If I hold down Win+Ctrl+Shift and hit B, there is a beep and the monitor is normal. I've tried all kinds of suggestions with no success. It started after a Win 10 Pro Version 2004 update. I have na HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini which...