Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen after update.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen after update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using my laptop last night and got off and decided to go to bed. At this point it was still working fine. When I woke up, it was installing an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cheezitupp, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 black screen after update.

I was using my laptop last night and got off and decided to go to bed. At this point it was still working fine. When I woke up, it was installing an update and I decided to let it finish. After the update was complete, it went to a lack screen, which I thought was weird. So I restarted and it went to the boot screen, which leads me to the problem I've been having since. It would show Lenovo and the boot screen until it would blink to black a few times before showing me the boot screen for some more time at a lower frame rate until the screen would appear black. I can still use everything and even log in and hear the skype startup sound. Everything works fine. Is there an easy fix to this or should I wait until the next Windows update?

I have lots of progress on the computer that I cannot lose. I do not know much about the inside of a Lenovo ideapad z510 so I could not take out the battery. I am desperate and have tried anything and everything online. Something has to work.

Thanks in advance. Any effort is hugely appreciated.

:)

cheezitupp, Dec 22, 2015

2. After waiting overnight for Win 10 update

Is there a Windows 10 Update? Cause I started one yesterday, it was 91% complete after 10 hours. I got up this AM to a black screen,

and there is no change after several restarts, only a black screen.

SAMUEL NANCYKENNETTE, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Everytime I log into my user, it shows a black screen!

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you have issues in accessing the device with black screen after log-in screen on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the steps in the below Microsoft article about resolving the issues with black screen before and after sign-in and check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot black screen problems

As you facing black screen issues after Sign-in, click on Black screen and signed in to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Arun B J, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Windows 10 black screen after update.

Also, Windows 10 had worked fine ever since I got the upgrade. I got the upgrade the first possible day I could and it has been fine. It has just been occurring since this one update last night.

cheezitupp, Dec 23, 2015
  5. bran1986 Win User
    Having the same problem since the last update, upgraded to windows 10 months ago worked fine, no issues at all. Then windows did a huge update almost a week ago, and now when I try to start windows, the windows symbol appears, the circle spins once or twice and then stops and I get a black screen. If I hit ctrl I will get my usual screen just before I sign in, but the screen is frozen and it goes right back to the black screen, restarting my PC fixes this and I can login normally but its still frustrating.

bran1986, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen after update.

1. Windows 10 black screen after update. - Similar Threads - black screen update

2. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to turn on the computer and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen turns black randomly, but always only for a few seconds. I can't play any video, nothing is visible. Is there any...
  3. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to turn on the computer and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen turns black randomly, but always only for a few seconds. I can't play any video, nothing is visible. Is there any...
  4. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello! After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to power up and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen goes black randomly, but always only for a few seconds it resolves on its own. I can't play any video. Is there any...
  5. Black screen after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after windows 10 update: Hi after a windows 10 update my lenovo all in one shows a black screen on start up, But won't boot up I have removed the power lead and pressed the power button for 30 seconds then restarted no difference The hard drive is vibrating so I think it is working it is found in...
  6. Black screen after windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows 10 Update: Hi, my current version in windows 10 1607. I have been trying to update it for months. Every time I download the update, following update the pc automatically restarts but when its restarting I get a black screen. I have to manually reset the pc to get the pc to boot but when...
  7. Black screen after Windows 10 update

Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello, I could really use some help. I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and after a few times restarting it because of updates I got a black screen saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After googling this...
  8. Black Screen After Updating Windows 10

Black Screen After Updating Windows 10: I hate when this happen, its not the first time i have to trouble with this, after last update of W10 My screen its turning Black sometimes and i need to reboot my PC to work in my jobs again. Any help its apreciated....
  9. Black Screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an update. Sign in screen is OK but after signing in screen is black. I have pointer and desktop icons but screen is black. Help... 113168
  10. Black Screen after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update.: Hi all, I just updated Windows (Running WIndows 10 Pro) after it kept nagging me about it. The update took a while and when it was finally done, Explorer.exe wouldn't start. I see a black screen and my mouse cursor. I can start the task manager and open most programs from...