Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen at login

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen at login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed windows 10 on my MacPro 5,1 without bootcamp and installed Bootcamp drivers via WindowSupport. I have had this issue since ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Irvin Goh, May 28, 2017.

1. Irvin Goh Win User

Windows 10 black screen at login

I have just installed windows 10 on my MacPro 5,1 without bootcamp and installed Bootcamp drivers via WindowSupport. I have had this issue since ive installed the OS. I believe it has something to do with the the drivers given by nVidia as when i boot into windows using safe boot with networking, this issue does not occur.However i am using a triple screen setup which might be the cause and when booted with safe mode only one screen is being used. Ive tried removing the nVidia drivers and clean installing it. Ive tried using the original rom and it works properly but that wont be much of a viable option as i need to bootscreen from my GTX 680 in order to boot into windows and do further troubleshooting in the future. Ive tried using older drivers from nVidia still the same problem and i have tried disabling fast boot in the control panel. The black screen only appears right after the spinning windows boot screen and only stays for a few minutes before bring me to the login screen.Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Irvin Goh, May 28, 2017

2. Screen turning black

I can login but after like 10 seconds the screen turns black and it does not work. If the screen is black long enough then it will change screen resolution and windows will not work any more .

Thomas A. Howard, May 28, 2017
  3. cb_Largo Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade was working, but after refresh has just black screen with pointer. can't log in

after Windows 10 refresh and update, rebooted to black screen with mouse pointer. No login screen. No desktop

cb_Largo, May 28, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen at login

1. Windows 10 black screen at login - Similar Threads - black screen login

2. Windows 10 Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen After Login: Hello,When I log in to my windows PC, it gives a black screen only with access to my cursor and task manager. I can open my files and the internet from this point but still cant seem to get rid of the black screen after login.Things that have been tried:Disable fast...
  3. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  4. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  5. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen after login: After i log into windows because i have a password then i just see a black sreen with mouse nothing else. I can open task manager and open there the explorer but i tryed to fix this and nothing happend. I have to wait like 5-30 min. I think the problem is to this problem...
  7. windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 black screen after login: hello i have the following problem i have a nubmer of local accounts on my pc. in one account after lon on i get a black screen . if i press enter i get the cursorr, an if i press ctl_alt_del i get blue screen with options sign out, task manager etc. Other accounts seems...
  8. Windows 10 Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black screen before login screen: Looks like alot of people have this issue. This is a brand new pc that has recently started loading into a black screen for about 5-10minutes before finally showing the login page. Anyone else have this issue? What is the consensus to fix? submitted by /u/Nevinyrral...
  9. Windows 10, black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, black screen before login: Hi, I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today. This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that I use to work 3d and 2d softwares. The screens were suddenly blocked and with colored artifacts, windows wasn't responding...
  10. Windows black screen at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows black screen at login screen: If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.For Windows 10 (Version 1709), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, then make sure Use...