Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a gate way computer dx4850-43c with windows 10 installed on it. 64 bit. With a geforce gt 640 graphics card. 6 gig ram. Core I5 processor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TremayneWren, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.

I'm using a gate way computer dx4850-43c with windows 10 installed on it. 64 bit. With a geforce gt 640 graphics card. 6 gig ram. Core I5 processor. It's a desktop. Recently my computer had a problem with connecting to bluetooth and then when I turned it off my computer completely got slower and wouldnt work. After that i had to hard reset because waiting 10 hours and well. Mouse would move but nothing would execute and my background was not responding. I couldnt even turn the computer off naturally. That's what got me here.

So I've tried advanced recovery. SFC cant repair my comp offline. And even safe mode wont work with all three options. With safe mode networking the safe mode screen comes up but then automatically goes to advanced recovery suddenly and I cant get back to it. It's a bit annoying. I tried advanced recovery with sfc and dism actions but they didn't work.

Theres no blue screen. All that happens is that I start the computer. It loads the bios. Then loads the drive. When Windows 10 loads. There should be login. Though it just black screens. The screen doesn't turn off. Just straight black screen. The keyboard keys caps lock and num work. Though the mouse isn't there. I doubt it's a graphics issue because I tried the low res option in advanced startup as well. I tried to uninstall updates to see if it might be those but it says "Unable to take action. Pending updates" something like that. It could be a driver error. Though I don't know how I can access it from the outside. Though when I use advanced recovery cmd it still has me put my password in to use it so theres that. Is there any other options I can do? A work around? The only way I can get to advanced recovery is because a USB flash drive. I even restarted the come at load to start startup repair though it finishes and still black screens the same.

:)

TremayneWren, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Andi_2323 Win User

Black Screen even in Safe Mode on Windows 10.

Original Title: Black Screen even in Safe Mode

We have Windows 10 installed on a Dell Laptop for months with only minor issues. All of a sudden it now only shows the black screen before Login. All the suggested fixes in other Posts don't help, even booting into safe mode only shows the black screen with
    mouse Cursor.

I wonder if there is a way to remove the graphics Driver when in the repair mode command line?

Andi_2323, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Nov 22, 2019
  4. marmot66 Win User

Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.

Black screen even in safe mode

I'm getting a black screen with cursor after login, Windows 10. Ctrl-alt-delete shows options but choosing task manager reverts to black screen. Can enter safe mode but same issue with black screen/no task manager. Suspect display drivers may be a factor
    but cant find any way to disable them. Have tried recovery mode options including uninstall updates (couldn't, encountered a problem), system restore (couldn't), start-up repair (no difference). Any suggestions appreciated.

marmot66, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.

1. Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode. - Similar Threads - black screen before

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...
  4. Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode: Been a few days, done a ton of research and so far all the solutions ive read on dont fix my problem. To run down the situation: - I get a black screen after i login with only a cursor, but sometimes the screen goes back to normal temporarily, and when it does work...
  5. Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor Before Login

Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor Before Login: Today I switched on my Windows 10 laptop and everything was fine. Then I plugged-in my Windows 10 Mobile phone via USB. Screen went to black, adjusting screen resolution (saw the size of the mouse cursor) to 640x480(?) then back to normal resolution (mouse cursor size) but...
  6. Windows Black Screen before Windows Logo, before Login with Cursor

Windows Black Screen before Windows Logo, before Login with Cursor: I have this issue since this morning. Yesterday i shut down my computer normally. No new Hardware or Software installed. Now when i Start up, I see the Motherboard Logo and then the screen is black. I dont see the Windows logo. When I Move the cursor it appears. The blue...
  7. Windows 10 Black Screen With Mouse Cursor In Safe Mode

Windows 10 Black Screen With Mouse Cursor In Safe Mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite E45w-C400X and when I try to boot into windows it shows safe mode in all the corners and sometimes i have a mouse cursor. I cannot access windows recovery mode or the BIOS....
  8. Black screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor before login screen: Hello. I've got a problem with Windows 10 Pro 1803. *sarc It show only cursor on black screen with blinking busy blue cricle and hdd led. I tried to solve minor problems by doing in place upgrade but after that it won't show login screen. I have working Win10 on another...
  9. Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login

Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login: I start my personal computer as soon as it shows up the logo of windows the appears black screen with cursor. I try a lot ways to solve it but nothing. With CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC but nothing. I also try start up in safe mode but black screen with cursor also...
  10. Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode

Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode: Okay, so I reserved my free copy of Windows 10 a few days ago, and tried to install this morning. It all seemed to be going smoothly... then everything disappeared, and I was left with a black screen for three hours. Finally in frustration I powered off and on again; The blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no login screen no cursor windows 10