Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w3st3rnoz, Aug 2, 2015.

1. w3st3rnoz Win User

Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen.

After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse cursor). After 60-80 seconds, the login screen pops up and everything works fine and I can login.

I already tried the following:
    - Updated NVIDIA drivers
    - Completely removed NVIDIA drivers to see if it was a drivers problem
    - Booted into safe mode, still happens
    - Checked event viewer, nothing weird in the logs
    - Made the PCIE slot the default slot for the primary monitor in the BIOS
    - Ran the sfc /scannow command, no violations found
    - Ran all Windows updates
    - Took a look at the services and startup processes, nothing weird here
    - Turned fast boot off/on, no change
    - Full Malwarebytes scan, no infections found

I ran a xbootmgr trace log, here's the summary XML file: processSummary numProces - Pastebin.com

Could anyone help me out?
    I'd like to keep the fresh installation option as a last resort.

:)

w3st3rnoz, Aug 2, 2015

2. Long boot start / black screen before login

My problem is not that I cant boot my PC/system. My problem is I have a blank/black screen for 30 seconds before the Windows login screen!

DamianOrłowski, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Black screen before login

Hi Chris,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to select Startup Repair option from the
    Advanced Options and check if it works.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

This is a issue for a lot of us and doesn't seem to be any fix for it right now.

MortTheBeast, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Aravind92 Win User
    I have the same issue,but I am running an AMD card.

Aravind92, Aug 14, 2015
  6. dungtran Win User
    I have the same issue with you, but my laptop uses AMD card. Did you try to disable auto switch graphics in BIOS?

dungtran, Aug 27, 2015
  7. mohamed Win User
    clean install Windows 10 after upgrade

mohamed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

1. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem. - Similar Threads - black screen before

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  6. Windows 10 Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black screen before login screen: Looks like alot of people have this issue. This is a brand new pc that has recently started loading into a black screen for about 5-10minutes before finally showing the login page. Anyone else have this issue? What is the consensus to fix? submitted by /u/Nevinyrral...
  7. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  8. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Black Screen cursor after log in Ctrl alt delete cant access task manager gigabyte card

2. windows 10 black screen before loggin screen