Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w3st3rnoz, Aug 2, 2015.

1. w3st3rnoz Win User

Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen.

After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse cursor). After 60-80 seconds, the login screen pops up and everything works fine and I can login.

I already tried the following:
    - Updated NVIDIA drivers
    - Completely removed NVIDIA drivers to see if it was a drivers problem
    - Booted into safe mode, still happens
    - Checked event viewer, nothing weird in the logs
    - Made the PCIE slot the default slot for the primary monitor in the BIOS
    - Ran the sfc /scannow command, no violations found
    - Ran all Windows updates
    - Took a look at the services and startup processes, nothing weird here
    - Turned fast boot off/on, no change
    - Full Malwarebytes scan, no infections found

I ran a xbootmgr trace log, here's the summary XML file: processSummary numProces - Pastebin.com

Could anyone help me out?
    I'd like to keep the fresh installation option as a last resort.

:)

w3st3rnoz, Aug 2, 2015

2. Long boot start / black screen before login

My problem is not that I cant boot my PC/system. My problem is I have a blank/black screen for 30 seconds before the Windows login screen!

DamianOrłowski, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Black screen before login

Hi Chris,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to select Startup Repair option from the
    Advanced Options and check if it works.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

This is a issue for a lot of us and doesn't seem to be any fix for it right now.

MortTheBeast, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Aravind92 Win User
    I have the same issue,but I am running an AMD card.

Aravind92, Aug 14, 2015
  6. dungtran Win User
    I have the same issue with you, but my laptop uses AMD card. Did you try to disable auto switch graphics in BIOS?

dungtran, Aug 27, 2015
  7. mohamed Win User
    clean install Windows 10 after upgrade

mohamed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

1. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem. - Similar Threads - black screen before

2. Black screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor before login screen: Hello. I've got a problem with Windows 10 Pro 1803. *sarc It show only cursor on black screen with blinking busy blue cricle and hdd led. I tried to solve minor problems by doing in place upgrade but after that it won't show login screen. I have working Win10 on another...
  3. Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login: I start my personal computer as soon as it shows up the logo of windows the appears black screen with cursor. I try a lot ways to solve it but nothing. With CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC but nothing. I also try start up in safe mode but black screen with cursor also...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen Just Before Login Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Black Screen Just Before Login Screen.: Hi guys, I'm running a new and clean install of windows 10 pro on a desktop computer (Acer Aspire AX1301 X64) which previously ran Windows 7 Ultimate.Occasionally when I boot up, the screen will go black and seems that the keyboard is disengaged when this happens. The...
  5. Windows black screen at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows black screen at login screen: If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.For Windows 10 (Version 1709), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, then make sure Use...
  6. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  7. Black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at login: After I sleep my computer, sometimes the screen is just black with my cursor. I can still do the basic functions like turn brightness down and move my cursor around, but I cannot login or see any graphics. Sleeping again doesn't fix the problem, all I can do is force shut...
  8. Windows 10 black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen at login: I have just installed windows 10 on my MacPro 5,1 without bootcamp and installed Bootcamp drivers via WindowSupport. I have had this issue since ive installed the OS. I believe it has something to do with the the drivers given by nVidia as when i boot into windows using safe...
  9. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...