Windows 10: Windows 10, black screen before login

Discus and support Windows 10, black screen before login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today. This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcSimonetti, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10, black screen before login

Hi,

I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today.

This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that I use to work 3d and 2d softwares.

The screens were suddenly blocked and with colored artifacts, windows wasn't responding anymore.

So I rebooted it several times, every time seeing the windows logo, then having my main screen going to power saving mode.

I've triedd the automatic repair thing, tried with the command prompt to do a chekdisk and a sfc scannow, both were useless, seeing no problem

I didn't have any recovery images, so I took an usb key to reinstall windows 10.

It did work, until I downloaded and installed the nividia latest drivers ( first thing I did), and the screens went black again ...

Now I can start my computer in safe mode, I changed the alimentation settings, but nothing else works.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

:)

MarcSimonetti, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Black Screen with Pointer

Hi Costa,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We will surely help you with simple steps to resolve your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the black screen with courser appears after login or before login?

• Did you make any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to refer to the below link where the same type of issue had been discussed, refer to the suggestion given by
    Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10, black screen before login

Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, black screen before login

1. Windows 10, black screen before login - Similar Threads - black screen before

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  5. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  6. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  8. Windows 10 Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black screen before login screen: Looks like alot of people have this issue. This is a brand new pc that has recently started loading into a black screen for about 5-10minutes before finally showing the login page. Anyone else have this issue? What is the consensus to fix? submitted by /u/Nevinyrral...
  9. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  10. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...