Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen + can not open Updates & Security

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen + can not open Updates & Security in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, after log in, I have black screen with cursor (ctrl+alt+del doesn't work etc.). I go to safe mode, but there I have noticed that in Settings, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gogi_571, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Gogi_571 Win User

Windows 10 black screen + can not open Updates & Security

Hi, after log in, I have black screen with cursor (ctrl+alt+del doesn't work etc.). I go to safe mode, but there I have noticed that in Settings, I can not open neither "Devices" nor "Updates & Security". It just sort of crashes.

I've tried System Restore, but curiously, I have 2 restore points available -the first one can not be completed - it just returns to the beginning without completion and without any notification, and the second one finishes, but the black screen persists.

Does anyone know what is going on?

:)

Gogi_571, Apr 25, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 black screen + can not open Updates & Security - Similar Threads - black screen open

2. Windows security black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security black screen: I got malware on my windows 11 PC, and I got rid of it. I checked Windows Defender everything seemed normal. After the malware incident, I reset my PC. Now, when I open Defender, it's just a black screen. I've waited for about 20 minutes, but it remains blank, please help....
  3. Windows security black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security black screen: I got malware on my windows 11 PC, and I got rid of it. I checked Windows Defender everything seemed normal. After the malware incident, I reset my PC. Now, when I open Defender, it's just a black screen. I've waited for about 20 minutes, but it remains blank, please help....
  4. Windows Security Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Black Screen: Hi, I was doing a complete reset on my windows 11 laptop Asus Rog Strix G15. I uninstalled McFee Anti Virus software but when I opened windows defender it only shows this:I tried every fix shown in forums and youtube, still, the issue still persist. How can I fix this?...
  5. Windows Security shows black screen when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security shows black screen when opening: I have recently reset my laptop and windows security seems to be broken. I have tried sfc /scannow and the DISM commands, but with no success. Restarting and resetting also don't work. A little help here?...
  6. Windows Security shows black screen when opening

Windows Security shows black screen when opening: I have recently reset my laptop and windows security seems to be broken. I have tried sfc /scannow and the DISM commands, but with no success. Restarting and resetting also don't work. A little help here?...
  7. Windows security stuck on black screen after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security stuck on black screen after opening.: Hello. I am having issues trying to open Windows security. It gets stuck on a black screen and I can't access the settings. I have tried the reset and repair options and that was no use. I even checked for updates and nothing. I even tried restarting my laptop and that didn't...
  8. Windows security stuck on black screen after opening.

Windows security stuck on black screen after opening.: Hello. I am having issues trying to open Windows security. It gets stuck on a black screen and I can't access the settings. I have tried the reset and repair options and that was no use. I even checked for updates and nothing. I even tried restarting my laptop and that didn't...
  9. windows Security Shows black Screen and doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Security Shows black Screen and doesn't open?: i am sorry i am not able to upload a screenshot of my problem .but it is preety much simiar to this guys problem:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-not-opening/7e8daa56-125b-4212-8a38-7ff0e6a6b6f8please help me fix it....
  10. windows Security Shows black Screen and doesn't open?

windows Security Shows black Screen and doesn't open?: i am sorry i am not able to upload a screenshot of my problem .but it is preety much simiar to this guys problem:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-not-opening/7e8daa56-125b-4212-8a38-7ff0e6a6b6f8please help me fix it....