Windows 10: Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.

Discus and support Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; TL;DR: A power failure happened. Tried to reboot but experienced black screen with only cursor moving. Booted to Advance Startup.. Currently waiting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [John Paul], Nov 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.

TL;DR: A power failure happened. Tried to reboot but experienced black screen with only cursor moving. Booted to Advance Startup.. Currently waiting for DISM /online but seems to be stuck at 9% for 3 hrs. now.

I only know that my laptop is a Aspire E series and it's windows 10. I can't remember its specs. It's always up-to-date even the NVIDIA graphics. I had it for 2 yrs.

My problem is that, I had a power failure last day and didn't had the chance to save my work. Tried to open today. It powered on but after the "ACER" logo, the screen just went black with only the cursor I can control. Waited almost 3 hrs. to see if the desktop will load but it didn't. Tried to boot the Advance Startup by turning the laptop on and off (saw it in some guides in Google). It had my laptop diagnosed for error and tried to fix the disk for almost 6 hrs. My laptop rebooted after but is still in black screen. Had to go to Advance Startup again and to CMD to enter DISM /online. I'm currently stuck at 9% for 3 hrs. now. Please help. Thanks.

:)

[John Paul], Nov 29, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.

1. Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive. - Similar Threads - Black screen error

2. Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.: I have been running windows 11. On boot up I now get only a black screen with a mouse cursor. Control-Alt-Del does not work. I can’t boot in safe mode. I have my windows 11 USB bot so far have not been able to get it to reinstall. Help!!...
  3. Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.: I have been running windows 11. On boot up I now get only a black screen with a mouse cursor. Control-Alt-Del does not work. I can’t boot in safe mode. I have my windows 11 USB bot so far have not been able to get it to reinstall. Help!!...
  4. Windows black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows black screen with cursor only: Hey community I have a issue. When I log in with my account ot takes too time to log in and shows only black screen with cursor when I restart my laptop again its shows black screen again and when I restart again then I got my desktop... pls help me to fix this issue I never...
  5. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  7. Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor: Where do i begin. So about 3 days ago my PC was working completely fine. I started it up and before the Windows 10 Sign In.... nothing. Black screen, no desktop, no welcome screen, nothing. If i move my mouse it appears and that's it. Just my mouse and an empty void. Ctrl Alt...
  8. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor: So I have a laptop with a onboard and dedicated graphics and I just installed the nividia graphic card drivers and everything was ok when I restarted my laptop black screen with only cursor showing up I googled about my problem but none helped fixing it I tried going safe...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor only: I've seen similar problems but I haven't found any solution yet. After I bootup my desktop shows then after a few minutes it turns into a black screen with cursor only. Ctrl+alt+delete is working and I managed to get into file explorer by "open file location" in task...