Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, so I have recently been having some issues with my computer. Its booting slower than normal, whenever I login it goes straight to a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benster1515, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open

Hello there, so I have recently been having some issues with my computer. Its booting slower than normal, whenever I login it goes straight to a black screen. The only thing on the screen is my mouse cursor. I can't open task manager by any means at all. Ctrl+Alt+Del opens but task manager wont open. Ctrl+shft+Esc doesnt open task manager. Ive tried "blindly" opening it with windows+R then hitting backspace and typing in taskmgr then hitting enter. None of which have worked. I have tried windows+P and changing my monitor setup blindly. I have also tried windows+shft+ctrl+B. I have also tried powering on/off at least 30 times. I have tried all options in troubleshooting/advanced options that windows 10 provides startup repair, startup settings, uninstall, system restore and I also recently did a windows reset keeping personal files and I am still having the same issue. Please give me some valuable information as I have tried for countless hours to fix my PC and I've had zero luck. Thank you for your time.

Ben

:)

Benster1515, Jan 16, 2020
  2. werbemaxe Win User

screen becomes black, but desktop icons visible

Hi there, I have windows 10 home, version 1709, latest built.

My problem is that for some days now, out of a sudden the screen become black. The icons on the desktop are still there, but the icons on the taskbar are gone. I can restore everything by open the task manager and restarting windows-explorer. However, this is only a remedy, but not the solution. Any idea what it could be that creates this problem?

thanks.

werbemaxe, Jan 16, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    black icons

Try rebuilding the Windows icon cache:
    • Close all explorer/folder windows that are currently open;
    • Run/Open a new Console window as Administrator;
    • Launch "Task Manager" using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or by running taskmgr.exe;
    • In the Process tab, right-click on the explorer.exe process and select End Process.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
      Code: CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local ATTRIB -H IconCache.db DEL IconCache.db EXIT[/quote]
    • Close the Console;
    • In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…), type explorer.exe, and click OK.
    • Close the Task Manager;

temp02, Jan 16, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open

1. Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open - Similar Threads - Black Screen taskbar

2. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 desktop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  3. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 desktop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  4. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 screen black and task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 screen black and task manager not opening: Hi,I've been having this problem for about 3 days now. My windows 10 desktop screen has been showing up black and I cannot open anything, not even the task manager. I can move my mouse around and still see my cursor. My keyboard works because I can press ctrl + alt + delete...
  6. WIndows 10 screen black and task manager not opening

WIndows 10 screen black and task manager not opening: Hi,I've been having this problem for about 3 days now. My windows 10 desktop screen has been showing up black and I cannot open anything, not even the task manager. I can move my mouse around and still see my cursor. My keyboard works because I can press ctrl + alt + delete...
  7. WIndows 10 screen black and task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  9. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 laptop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  10. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no desktop display only taskbar windows 10

2. black desktop background no taskbar

3. windows 10 desktop black no task bar

4. windows 10 black background no taskbar,
  5. black screen windows 10 no task manager,
  6. black screen no taskbar,
  7. how to end task on task manager while screen is black,
  8. windows 10 black screen cursor no task manager,
  9. windows 10 black desktop no icons no taskbar,
  10. windows desktop loads to black screen task manager responds