Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, a few weeks ago I upgraded my HP G62 Notebook PC from Windows 7 to 10 because supports ending. Sense that upgrade every so often the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewEzzell, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc

Hello, a few weeks ago I upgraded my HP G62 Notebook PC from Windows 7 to 10 because supports ending. Sense that upgrade every so often the computer will boot up normally but whenever I put in my pin it'll go black, then come back on and say locking and then shuts off the laptop. (During this time nothing is plugged in besides the charger)

This has happened 4-5 times but after I boot it up and it acts normal, I have all the drivers up to date as well as the windows updates, and it is activated.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if there are any solutions or ideas. I appreciate all the tech support help.

Specs:

AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core

4gb of DDR3 ram

64gb SSD

Windows 10 Home 1903

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

:)

MatthewEzzell, Nov 14, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen backround turns black

Hi Keilth,

To resolve your issue with your devices lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Lock screen.
    • On the drop-down option, select Picture.
    • Choose a picture you want to show on your lock screen.
    • Restart your device.
    • Then repeat step 1 and step 2.
    • Now on the drop-down, switch it back to Windows spotlight.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc

Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc

1. Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc - Similar Threads - black screen boot

2. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  3. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  4. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  7. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC boots up to lock screen and turns off

PC boots up to lock screen and turns off: When I start my laptop, a lock screen appears. Then when I press the space bar, the screen goes dark for a while and the lock screen gets back. If I click on any other button, the screen again goes dark and then the lock screen appears. I can do nothing with this because I...
  9. My PC boots and gives me black screen

My PC boots and gives me black screen: Hello, I recently installed the latest windows update. I restarted my computer and when it booted I got a black screen when it was updating my PC. I then went into safe mode and tried everything there and it still didn't work. I had the last option of reset. This worked and I...
  10. Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off: I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface book is that the lock screen won't turn off (time out). Whenever I locked my screen on the surface pro, the display would turn...