Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have a laptop with a onboard and dedicated graphics and I just installed the nividia graphic card drivers and everything was ok when I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erolli13, Aug 22, 2017.

1. erolli13 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor

So I have a laptop with a onboard and dedicated graphics and I just installed the nividia graphic card drivers and everything was ok when I restarted my laptop black screen with only cursor showing up I googled about my problem but none helped fixing it I tried going safe mode it was same on safe mode I tried changing project with Windwos + P to extended same I tried using space and typing my pin blindly but that didn't work either can somone help me with this please?

:)

erolli13, Aug 22, 2017

2. window 10 enterprise problem

After i installed window 10 enterprise it showed desktop, after 1 minutes it showed a blank black screen with the cursor only, and whenever i try to start my pc it shows a black blank screen with only cursor without showing the desktop,help me rally important.

shashiRajT, Aug 22, 2017
  3. toshiba NB505

To my pc appears the black screen, only the cursor is observed, I have windows 10.

Jose ManuelNuñez Martinez, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

When I had the same problem I found I could still use ctrl, alt del to bring up the task manager, I then closed all instances of nVidia & the screen appeared. I then uninstalled the nVidia driver & GeForce experience & reinstalled from the nVidia website.
    I hope this works for you.

Bastet, Aug 23, 2017
  5. erolli13 Win User
    Idk I tried that but still balck screen I think my pc is stuck at login stage where I type my pin

erolli13, Aug 23, 2017
  6. erolli13 Win User
    Isnt there a way to uninstall the drivers without entering desktop like with cmd or a bootable usb or something like that?

erolli13, Aug 23, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    I don't know but I'm sure others with more experience will be able to advise on that.

Bastet, Aug 23, 2017
  8. werby Win User

If you have System Restore enabled, yes.
    You can use your Windows installation disc (DVD or USB) to boot from. You have to change boot order in BIOS settings.

When Setup screen appears, choose Windows version, region language etc. (exactly the same with your current OS) click next, then "Repair my computer" (small letters at bottom left). By troubleshooting you'll find "System Restore".

If it was enabled, you'll be able to restore your system to an earlier date.

werby, Aug 23, 2017
  9. erolli13 Win User
    I tried doing system restory by the advanced options
    But it didn't do anything it said finished but nothing still same
    http://support.eset.com/Platform/Pub...2268FIG2-5.png

erolli13, Aug 23, 2017
  10. werby Win User
    When System Restore (from a boot repair disc) fails, a clean install is recommended.
    I cannot think of anything else.

Good luck!

werby, Aug 23, 2017
  11. erolli13 Win User
    I tried a older restore point I got system restore did not complete successfully
    0x80070017

erolli13, Aug 23, 2017
  12. werby Win User
    Just a clarification: You ran System Restore from boot disc and not from inside your Windows?
    Rarely, System Restore fails when run from inside Windows while running from boot works fine.

werby, Aug 23, 2017
  13. erolli13 Win User

I tried on both so I had two images saved and I tried the newer oen it did work but no results still same problem and the older one didn't work

erolli13, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black Screen only cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen cursor

2. Windows black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows black screen with cursor only: Hey community I have a issue. When I log in with my account ot takes too time to log in and shows only black screen with cursor when I restart my laptop again its shows black screen again and when I restart again then I got my desktop... pls help me to fix this issue I never...
  3. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  4. Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black screen error with only cursor responsive.: TL;DR: A power failure happened. Tried to reboot but experienced black screen with only cursor moving. Booted to Advance Startup.. Currently waiting for DISM /online but seems to be stuck at 9% for 3 hrs. now. I only know that my laptop is a Aspire E series and it's windows...
  5. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor: Where do i begin. So about 3 days ago my PC was working completely fine. I started it up and before the Windows 10 Sign In.... nothing. Black screen, no desktop, no welcome screen, nothing. If i move my mouse it appears and that's it. Just my mouse and an empty void. Ctrl Alt...
  7. Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only

Windows stuck at black screen with cursor only: I need help.... my laptop (asus x550j) suddenly froze and i force shut it, then after it finished booting, there is nothing on the screen except the cursor, here are the some info that maybe might help. 1. Can't access ctrl+alt+del menu, 2. Windows RE is the same, black...
  8. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632
  9. Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.: Hello there, Ever since i upgraded to the latest consumer build for W10Pro. The following issue occurs while booting: Windows 10 boots to the infamous black screen, but then nothing happens. Only windows 10 beeps can be heard when i press the mouse or spacebar. The only...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor only: I've seen similar problems but I haven't found any solution yet. After I bootup my desktop shows then after a few minutes it turns into a black screen with cursor only. Ctrl+alt+delete is working and I managed to get into file explorer by "open file location" in task...