Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some Windows 10 devices may boot to a black screen when they are started for the first time after installing the latest updates for the systems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 19, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

Some Windows 10 devices may boot to a black screen when they are started for the first time after installing the latest updates for the systems.

Microsoft acknowledged the issue on June 14, 2019. Client and server editions of Windows 10 are affected by the issue according to Microsoft's post on the official release information website.

The company lists Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803, and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 on the client side, and Windows Server 2019 on the server side. Other client and server products are not affected according to Microsoft.

Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches windows-10-black-screen-start-issue.png

The black screen issue is a temporary one. A reboot of the system should resolve the issue. Microsoft recommends to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete on affected systems and to select the Restart option in the lower right corner of the screen to restart the system. The system should boot into desktop normally after the restart.

Workaround: To mitigate this issue, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then select the Power button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Restart. Your device should now restart normally.

Microsoft acknowledged that it is working on a fix for the issue, and that reports suggests that only a "small number of devices" is affected by the issue. It is too early to tell if this is related to other issues that users may experience on Windows 10 devices, e.g. issues related to antivirus applications causing issues such as prolonged startup times or freezes.

A similar issue was experienced in 2009 on Windows 7. Back then it was called the Black Screen of Death as Windows 7 devices would boot into a black screen. The issue was caused by Registry changes back then.

The updates that cause the issue are the latest cumulative updates for the affected Windows 10 versions.

• KB4503327 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019
    • KB4503286 for Windows 10 version 1803

The latest update for Windows 10 version 1903 is not affected by the issue according to Microsoft; the version has quite the number of unfixed issues as well, however.

Windows 10 version 1809 is installed on the largest number of devices currently. The number of affected devices is unclear as Microsoft provides no information other than stating that it is a "small number".

The rollout of Windows 10 version 1903 picked up pace recently but many systems cannot be updated to the new version because of blocker bugs.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 19, 2019
  3. stoggs1 Win User
    Crysis not working windows 10

Hey guys, so last night i installed crysis after not having played it in years but when it loads it just sits at a black screen for about 10 seconds then crashes.

Im running windows 10 64 bit home premium fresh install of the game patched to the latest version, i plan on re installing the game if need be but if anyone has a suggestion i could try first i would greatly appreciate it.

stoggs1, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

1. Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches - Similar Threads - black screen startup

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  3. Windows black screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after startup: I've had this issue for the past month or so, but when I sometimes restart my windows 10 pc and after every update, it asks me to sign in & put my password & everything, but when it says welcome, I see a black screen after that. This lasts from 30 minutes to even 2 hours...
  4. Cannot install latest patch on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install latest patch on Windows 10: Hello! I am struggling since a few days with a computer in our environment which doesn't install latest cumulative patches. If I check winver in this computer the patch level is 17763.1339 1339 = KB4558998 [ATTACH] But if I check the Installed Updates on this...
  5. Black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after startup: Black screen before windows start up Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started...
  6. Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.

Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.: After the latest windows 10 update, my computer keeps getting a black screen at startup. I have not been able to get past it. It worked perfectly prior to the update. Is there any known way to fix this? Or am I going to have to take some sort of legal matters since...
  7. Windows 10 latest update black screen issue

Windows 10 latest update black screen issue: Hello there. I have an Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop. It's the default system, no added anything else. I got a notification from MS saying that my current OS would not be supported in the future, please update to the latest OS to be supported in the future. When I did...
  8. black screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after startup: After startup my monitor is black. If I hold down Win+Ctrl+Shift and hit B, there is a beep and the monitor is normal. I've tried all kinds of suggestions with no success. It started after a Win 10 Pro Version 2004 update. I have na HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Desktop Mini which...
  9. Windows 10 black screen after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 black screen after startup: When i turn on my PC it loads up for a few seconds showing the windows startup screen with the blue windows symbol and then the screen goes black and i cant do anything. My keyboard and mouse stop working and i cant do anything. The PC remains on and is quiet except from the...
  10. Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10: need a little help here please. Im trying to re install windows 10 on a different hard drive I have. I downloaded the media tools, and created a USB boot drive. windows went through the install and restarted. but the drive keeps looping back to the install. when I shut the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 43 305*70attle