Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would appreciate all help on this issue. i have recently encountered this issue, where as i sign in, windows would be working perfectly fine, as i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/feralflace, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november

I would appreciate all help on this issue. i have recently encountered this issue, where as i sign in, windows would be working perfectly fine, as i am signed in, i notice that my screen is black, like cursor is working, my task manager is working too, but desktop backgrounds, files, folders, desktop apps , everything is just gone, black screen

but then maybe about 5 to 10 mins later, then the normal operation would start, like my desktop would be working fine after that long wait , this is abnormal as i have a relatively good setup, in which i have never encountered this issue, before the most recent update. i have a SSD of 256 GB so should not be an issue at all. i was just wondering, if any thing could be done here.

i have a HDD of 1TB, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD ,GTX 1060 nvidia graphics and it is an ASUS computer barely 2 years old, so this shouldnt be an hardware issue, i guess? not a computer guy Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november :D

i appreciate all and any advice, this is getting annoying for me. Thank you

submitted by /u/feralflace
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/feralflace, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Mark1925 Win User
    Windows 10 screen goes to black at login and other

Let me start by correcting bad info:

There were a host of updates installed 2-15-18 but there was only one that arrived on 2-17-18.
    (There were multiple updates on 2-17-18. I was looking at only a partial list.)
    It was an update for Microsoft Power Point 32bit edition (my system is 64) and it was KB4011187.

It was a black screen. Sometimes the cursor would be evident. Sometimes nothing I did would get it to show up.

Again, when I am at the login screen then enter my password and hit "enter" the screen goes to black. No shut down. At that point 'Cntrl+alt+del' to brink up the choices where task manager is listed is all that can be done. At that point I can chose to open
    task manager or hit the power button while holding down the shift key. Then following one of the various solutions out there, one is to clean boot - produces no change. Safe mode, safe mode with networking - neither does any good. I am able to get to the home
    page by opening Task Mgr and running 'explorer.exe' but it takes 10 times or more to get it to start up. When looking at task manager, the cpu usage is less than 15% most of the time.

I noticed yesterday that MS Edge is working for the other user but is not operable at all for me. Clicking on the icon or right-click produces nothing. And all of my photos still cannot be opened because a 'registry' error message comes up.

Mark1925, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november

Is the black screen back? November 2018

Soon after the November 2018 critical Windows 10 update, my 2+ year old Lenovo laptop started having repeated black screen issues. In the middle of me doing something, the device would shut off, give a black screen of death, and restart automatically in
    about 30 seconds to the login screen. Once I logged in again, it took me back to exactly what I was doing. It was doing this like every 5-10 minutes. Sleep et al setting are set to "never".

Anyone else have this problem?

I am not technical so please don't suggest engineering level fixes.

AndrewThe Author, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november

1. Windows 10 black screen upon login, after the new update on 17 or 18/ november - Similar Threads - black screen upon

2. Black screen and cursor upon login after driver repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and cursor upon login after driver repair: Hello. I started having an issue today that has rendered my desktop unusable. Earlier today, I had a windows notification pop up telling me to do a driver repair (it had a white X in a red circle symbol). I let it shut down and run, and when I came back, the issue had...
  3. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  4. Black screen after login screen after update "November 9, 2021—KB5007186"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login screen after update "November 9, 2021—KB5007186": So I updated my device to the above mentioned version and when I login I get a black screen with a cursor on it.I opened task manager with ctrl+shift+escThen I went around and found a way to open my browserAfter I opened the file location and navigated to the downloads folder...
  5. Black screen after login screen after update "November 9, 2021—KB5007186"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login screen after update "November 9, 2021—KB5007186": So I updated my device to the above mentioned version and when I login I get a black screen with a cursor on it.I opened task manager with ctrl+shift+escThen I went around and found a way to open my browserAfter I opened the file location and navigated to the downloads folder...
  6. Black screen after login screen after update "November 9, 2021—KB5007186"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates: As the question describes, I get 2-4 minutes of black screen after login, I can still see the blue screen if I do ctrl alt del but I can't see task manager if I click it, just a black screen with the mouse cursor visible. Sometimes I get prompts and I can see them, then after...
  8. Black screen with cursor upon login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with cursor upon login: Windows 10 I seem to have a proplem with the OS that happend after I turned my cpu on and off yesterday that once i have logged in the desktop is a black screen with only the cursor visible and able to move no startbar or apps only the task manger boots up after 20/30 minutes...
  9. Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18: Every time I turned on my computer windows perform system restore to 17/11/18. All updates, apps and programs I add (or remove) vanished (or remains) from my pc after reboot. I can't use msconfig to get safe boot. After reboot windows starts normally. Any suggestions?...
  10. Post login black screen after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Post login black screen after windows 10 update: Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe...