Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen when attempting advanced startup options, BSoD on normal login

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen when attempting advanced startup options, BSoD on normal login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my laptop has been givinf me trouble for awhile and i thought I fixed it but now it’s even more broken. It would freeze after 5 minutes of use and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by m3Zephyr, Nov 20, 2020.

1. m3Zephyr Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen when attempting advanced startup options, BSoD on normal login

So my laptop has been givinf me trouble for awhile and i thought I fixed it but now it’s even more broken. It would freeze after 5 minutes of use and then I started getting Video Scheduler Internal Error.

Long story short I was able to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver from Asus’s website. No more BSoD but then I got stuck on the “welcome” screen. I also did a full system wipe and reinstall of windows before this. I tried to do a clean reinstall using a USB and all looked good for maybe 5 minutes and then Video Scheduler Internal Error is back. Only now I cant even get into any advanced boot options, my screen just goes black. I cant even use command prompt or unsintall updates or safe mode. It’s incredibly frustrating. The only thing I know is that in event viewer before it froze one time I was able to see a nvddlmkm error that may have caused it.

I am running Windows 10, 64-bit, on an ASUS ROG GL552VW with an Intel Core i7 and then NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M and Intel Graphics 530. Not sure what other info would be helpful.

:)

m3Zephyr, Nov 20, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

Have you tried the Windows Advanced startup, should be a black screen that gives you this option and Normal startup. After the Advanced startup tries and fails you should have an option to Recover to a later point. Another option would be going into the Advanced startup again if Recovery doesn't work and possible fix the corruption with your Win 7 disc.

kenkickr, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Grif2200 Win User
    Windows 10 Startup - screen flicker, no advanced options

Hello

(Apologies if this is listed in the wrong sub-category. It seems to be multiple categories)

I have a HP Envy 15. I updated several days ago to the Windows 10 creators update with no issue. I use HP Simple Pass and have a biometric scanner on my laptop. Since the update, on initial startup, the biometric scanner worked fine. But since the Windows
    10 features update if I put the laptop to sleep, the scanner wouldn't work. I updated the biometric drivers (Validity Sensor Drivers), this had no effect. I updated HP SimplePass with no effect. I then troubleshooted using HP Support Assistant which suggested
    I download the HP Identity Protection software. I did so and restarted my laptop.

The startup takes far longer than it should. When it starts up, the lock screen appears normal. When I click the screen to go onto the login screen, my account photo does not appear, the password field does not appear and I have no login options (use fingerprint/use
    PIN). The screen repeatedly flickers between lock screen, that same login screen, and a blank screen (which would ordinarily be the windows blue colour, but I changed the customisation settings so it is now red).

Two different Microsoft support agents have tried to help me start my laptop in Safe Mode. I cannot get to the Safe Mode/Advanced Startup Options. I have tried pressing Shift+Restart, Ctrl+shift+restart, and looked through the HP Startup Menu options. I
    have a Windows 10 ISO file on a 16GB USB but the HP Boot Options do not have it listed as an available boot option - I have the OS option and Boot from EFI File. I cannot press 'restart' most of the time because before I am able to, the screen changes to the
    lock screen/blank screen on its own before I can press restart.

What is causing this issue and how on earth do I fix it? At most I'd like to just resume using my laptop and have it work normally but, at worst, how can I move my files from my laptop to a USB so I can reset my laptop to factory.

Thank you for all your help.

Grif2200, Nov 20, 2020
  4. feelulive Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen when attempting advanced startup options, BSoD on normal login

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black Screen when attempting advanced startup options, BSoD on normal login - Similar Threads - Black Screen attempting

2. Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching: So I was trying to enter the advanced startup options in my windows laptop by pressing shift+restart. But once it enters there only the top 1/4 of the screen is visible and the bottom 3/4th isn't displaying so I can't see any of the options. Windows is running completely fine...
  3. Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching: So I was trying to enter the advanced startup options in my windows laptop by pressing shift+restart. But once it enters there only the top 1/4 of the screen is visible and the bottom 3/4th isn't displaying so I can't see any of the options. Windows is running completely fine...
  4. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  5. Black screen after advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after advanced startup: The problem is i have a completely black screen after tried to advanced startup in my windows11.I have tried reboot manually by pressing the power button on the case nothing changed.I have tried press the F2 F8 F12 to boot into BIOS menu and nothing changedSo what else can i...
  6. Black screen after advanced startup

Black screen after advanced startup: The problem is i have a completely black screen after tried to advanced startup in my windows11.I have tried reboot manually by pressing the power button on the case nothing changed.I have tried press the F2 F8 F12 to boot into BIOS menu and nothing changedSo what else can i...
  7. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  8. Advanced startup boots into black screen

Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  9. Advanced startup having a black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced startup having a black screen: Initially my computer was running fine but a few hours later the screen started flickering. It was annoying but I just ignored it until my entire screen became black. I guessed it's a driver issue, so I uninstalled the Intel video driver. after that though upon logging in...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starup settings black screen