Windows 10: Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my PC has gone into sleep mode for a while, I move mouse and click to bring it back and am presented with my wife's logon screen. I select my user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 3012geezer, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep

When my PC has gone into sleep mode for a while, I move mouse and click to bring it back and am presented with my wife's logon screen. I select my user and furnish my passcode, <enter> and …… Black screen with cursor arrow….. Only way out is to power off, wait, power on and wait a longish time before my logon screen appears.

This started to happen when a Windows 10 update came in yonks ago and is frustrating.

:)

3012geezer, Mar 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor after sleep

Hi,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I know that you are getting a black screen after it goes to sleep. Please follow the below steps and check if I helps you.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start
      Task Manager.

• If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task. If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc).

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add

This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If you see the black screen before sign-in:

1. Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
    • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    2. Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

• Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.
      • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
      • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us.

SujataMoktan, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep

1. Windows 10 - Black screen when changing user after sleep - Similar Threads - Black screen changing

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode: Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check...
  5. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  6. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  7. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  9. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  10. Stuck in black screen when in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in black screen when in sleep: My laptop has been doing this for a while now and I don't know how to fix it. Every time my laptop goes to sleep, the HDD light doesn't switch off and the fan keeps running. When I press the power button, move my mouse, or press any key, my laptop gets stuck in a black screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen when changing user after sleep

2. black screen after changing to sleep