Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bill_272, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Bill_272 Win User

Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check cause this never happened to me before. I opened my monitor and my screen was black with a cursor on it. I tried doing ctrl+alt+delete and nothing happend, I tried doing win+ctrl+shift+b and nothing happend. Pretty much no response on screen, just the cursor moving while I was moving my mouse. Right now my pc is on and I do

:)

Bill_272, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

black screen with cursor

We would like to know more about your concern. Have you checked if you update your Windows 10 already? If not, we recommend to update your Windows 10 computer to see if it will make a progress and eliminate issues with it. Sleep mode settings could also
    be a possible root cause since you said that it turns into black screen after leaving the computer open. Please try to check the screen settings by performing the following steps:

• On your Computer, open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & Sleep.
    • Under Screen, set it to Never.

We suggest to perform this to other device you are having the same problem so that we could check if this will make the fix.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Al Kozl Win User
    Windows 10 black screen w/cursor

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, Windows 10 recently updated. It is in the sleep mode, black screen w/ cursor. Cannot get it out of sleep mode to attempt fixes . Help !

Al Kozl, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor after sleep

Hi,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I know that you are getting a black screen after it goes to sleep. Please follow the below steps and check if I helps you.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start
      Task Manager.

• If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task. If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc).

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add

This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If you see the black screen before sign-in:

1. Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
    • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    2. Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video.
    Windows help & learning

• Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.
      • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
      • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us.

SujataMoktan, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

1. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode: Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check...
  5. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode: Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check...
  6. Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging: I'm using Asus TUF Dash F15. After I updated my laptop to windows 11, I experienced a black screen with a cursor when my laptop was in sleep mode while charging. Then I just remove his charge to get rid of the black screen but sometimes the black screen doesn't disappear. I...
  7. Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging

Black screen with a cursor in sleep mode while charging: I'm using Asus TUF Dash F15. After I updated my laptop to windows 11, I experienced a black screen with a cursor when my laptop was in sleep mode while charging. Then I just remove his charge to get rid of the black screen but sometimes the black screen doesn't disappear. I...
  8. Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep: So two days ago after my laptop went to sleep and I woke it up again, all there was is a black screen with a cursor. I turned it off and on again, but still the same result. Everything seems to work fine under the black screen, I can log in properly, and still hover over...
  9. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  10. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...