Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by deepikaherath, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

deepikaherath, Nov 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 26, 2021
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

1. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  5. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor.

Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor.: Hi! I'm posting this here in hopes of getting my pc fixed. I've gone through various TS alrewdy and nothing seem to have worked. I'll give you a brief rundown on what happened. Oh and by the way, I'm not an expert on Windows architecture, but I can follow and...
  7. Windows 10 - Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Black Screen With Cursor: I was gaming on my HP all in one, then the screen froze so i had to force shut it down. But when i tuened it back on, it was loading as usual. Then auddenly it started to show the loading screen without the HP logo then turn into a black screen with cursor. I used the Ctrl...
  8. Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor

Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor: Hi! I have a problem with my computer when I boot it I get a black screen with only my cursor displaying. I can tried everything, and came to a solution. I have to go to my monitor settings and set it to DP instead of the HDMI. I think the problem is my computer is...
  9. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...
  10. Black screen with cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor on windows 10: I recently updated my pc on the latest version of windows 10. After a week, I opened my pc, it showed black screen just after the loading screen. The mouse pointer vanishes within 2 seconds it comes back up ii i shaked the mouce. I tried everything on the net checked my...