Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam0101, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Sam0101 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer, they see the Windows flag and the spinning dots. After a couple seconds, the screen changes to display only the spinning dots with no Windows flag. Then it will stop loading. Hard drive activity light shows activity for a few minutes, but then hard drive activity stops, but the dots will continue to spin. We tried leaving it on overnight and when we come back the next day, it is stuck on the same black screen with spinning dots. It never seems to be able to load to the login screen.

What we have tried so far:

- Boot in to safe mode and uninstalled graphics driver (Intel HD graphics), clean boot (msconfig and uncheck all non-microsoft services). But all of that doesn't help. Still stuck on spinning dots after uninstall and rebooting.

- System Restore --> on some of the computers, we were able to go to the advanced troubleshooting menu and do a system restore to an earlier restore point. On a few occasion, the system restore would fail,, but after that Windows 10 would be able to load again, reaching the login screen and we could login. But on some computers, system restore did not work, and we were back at the black screen with spinning dots.

- Unplug all unnecessary USB devices, except for keyboard and mouse doesn't help.

So far we have about 10 cases, out of the 400 computers, but there may be more in the future. This started around end of November this year. I suspect Windows updates are causing this, but I can't reach the uninstall updates page in Settings when in safe mode. It just won't load. Using wusa to uninstall the updates doesn't work either. I think the computers are on Windows 10 1803 still.

This issue isn't isolated to one model of HP desktops. It has happened on HP EliteDesk 800 G1 models, HP Compaq Pro 6000, and HP EliteDesk 800 G3 model. Only desktop computers so far. Laptops don't seem to have this issue. No major changes in hardware were made prior to this issue. It seems to pop up all of a sudden.

I don't know what else we can try right now. If anyone has experienced this issue before please advise.

Thanks.

:)

Sam0101, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 black screen spinning dots

I left my computer on overnight and apparently it did an update. I don't think it was the anniversary update, but I don't know for sure.

It's sitting with a black screen with the spinning dots. It doesn't respond to shift-ctl-del

I've tried rebooting (after holding the button down for 10 seconds) several times

and have tried to get into recovery mode by holding either F8, or Shift F8, or F4.

Each time I get the windows logo briefly (with spinning dots) and then it goes back to the empty black screen with spinning dots.

I don't have a recovery usb or media to boot from.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nashvilleguy, Dec 13, 2018
  3. joe666666 Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

joe666666, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Windows 10 Stuck on logo screen with spinning dots

This suggestion isn't helpful at all. If I can't even get past the boot screen with spinning dots there is no way to access the recommended steps.

I have two Windows 10 computers. This afternoon I left my backup desktop at a repair shop because the screen goes black after I log in. They've seen this with quite a few Windows 10 computers. This evening my primary computer (laptop) won't get past the
    Microsoft logo screen.

Ive been using Windows computers for over 20 years and never encountered this level of difficulty until Windows 10!

SandyMcMahon, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

1. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup - Similar Threads - Black Screen Spinning

2. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots

Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots: Hello, I turned on my pc today to find that windows would get stuck on a black screen with spinning white circles endlessly. I have tried using my windows installation media to do startup repair, system restore, and I checked the ssd with chkdsk /r in command prompt. None of...
  4. Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.

Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.: After showing the asrock logo, it changes to the black screen with the spinning circle. It does this for a few minutes and then finally loads into windows. I recently upgraded my PC with an m.2 ssd, changed the RAM, upgraded CPU from Intel to AMD. I configured the PC to boot...
  5. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  6. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning): Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where...
  8. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  9. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  10. PC frozen at startup (spinning dots)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC frozen at startup (spinning dots): Heya guys, decided to come to ask for help because I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue. Last night my computer was running just fine. Today I boot it up and it gets frozen at the startup, so I restart it and it does the same. Eventually it boots into recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 spinning dots on startup

2. hp desktop sometimes shows spimming dots on startup

3. windows 10 spinning on startup

4. spiining dots windows 10 fix on hp notebook,
  5. windows to go black screen spinning dots,
  6. hp elitedesk 800 G2 aio gets stuck spinning on splash screen,
  7. windows 10 black screen spinning dots,
  8. windows 10 black screen on startup with dots,
  9. black screen spinning wheel windows 10,
  10. windows screen with spinning dots,
  11. black sreen with spinning dots after windows update to1809,