Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a blue screen while playing a game. I don't know why, but I panicked & turned it off by holding down the power button. I think this may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by uwuket, Dec 30, 2019.

1. uwuket Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor

I got a blue screen while playing a game. I don't know why, but I panicked & turned it off by holding down the power button.

I think this may have broken it

Now all i get is a black screen and the sound of the fans, when i try to turn it on.

Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor [​IMG]

:)

uwuket, Dec 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 30, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen without

2. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  3. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  4. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...
  5. Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update: Hi all, I just updated my dell vostro to windows 10 it seeming to be an easy update even for someone who doesn't know much about computers. It all started well but once finished it stopped working. I did see the windows ten logo and loading image shown when computer is...
  6. Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation: I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's screen was black but the lights on the laptop blinked so as to show that it had just restarted. So I waited for it to start,...
  7. Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor

Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor: Yesterday I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and at the time of installation it gives message it may restart several times. It progressed to auto restarting after the installing step, but after the restart and gone through the dell startup screen blank, there...
  8. Windows 10 install stuck at black screen without cursor or anything

Windows 10 install stuck at black screen without cursor or anything: I tried updating from 8.1 to 10 from the iso and after a few reboots it just hangs at a black screen, what can i do now? Should i just reboot? 9249
  9. Window 10 black screen without cursor after login

Window 10 black screen without cursor after login: So i tried updating my computer from windows 8 to 10 and last night and it froze at 75% and configuration settings 1%, i let it sit there all night but it still was at 75%. I had read that people where having the same problem and that itll revert to windows 8.1 after you...
  10. Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: After upgrading my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I have also been plagued with the black screen of death. After the BIOS screen it goes black and I do not even get a mouse cursor and I've also let it run for about 30 minutes just in case and nothing. I've tried a lot of the...