Windows 10: Windows 10 - Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - Black Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, i recently had a problem i don't entirely understand, and any help would be appreciated! So, i was playing a game on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016.

1. fallenzgr Win User

Windows 10 - Black Screen

Hello to everyone,
    i recently had a problem i don't entirely understand, and any help would be appreciated!
    So, i was playing a game on my desktop when suddenly while i was playing screen went Grey with vertical black lines and computer stopped responding.
    I turned it off, and started it up again, when i got and error on booting asking to me to reset my PC or continue and stuff.
    I pressed continue the 1st time but nothing was happening, then i pressed "Troubleshoot" and continued all the way to reset the windows 10.
    It was resetting normally up to 25%, but then screen went black for nearly 30 minutes, without any change, but computer seems to work normally.
    Shall i let it just there / it needs more time or it stuck somehow? What shall i do?
    I was told that it's my hard disk that's destroyed, i have 2, the one that has the windows installed, any way to fix it?
    Also, i have 2 graphic cards, maybe it's one of those that's destroyed?
    Last, plagged in as monitor i have my T.V. connected via HDMI in the primary graphic card.
    I don't know, maybe those 3 last lines may help!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Makis

:)

fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 4, 2016
  3. S M Mahmudul Hasan, Jun 4, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Mine did that a while back on another PC & it turned out to be the graphics card. It would go black, or the resolution would go to hell. A friend of mine suggested I get some dust remover, turn the can upside down & spray it on the graphics card. If there was a overheating problem, the screen would return to normal when it got cooled. I tried it & lo & behold, every time I did it, the screen returned to normal. That's how I determined it was the card on mine.

Or it could be the monitor itself. Or the HDMI cord. The only way to determine is to swap those out one by one & see if the problem disappears when you switch one out.

Borg 386, Jun 4, 2016
  5. fallenzgr Win User
    will try it out, thanks.

Also, i forgot to mention that from this moment i have 2 GREEN Vertical lines startup.

May that be Graphics Card problem?

fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Most likely, although it's hard to say. The only way to determine the cause is to systematically switch things out until you find the cause. I wish you luck & hope it turns out to be the cord & not the graph card. If you can, unplug the cards & try running VGA into the monitor (if it has a plug for that). If you have no probs with that, then it's highly likely the card.

Borg 386, Jun 4, 2016
  7. fallenzgr Win User
    Thankfully it's still in guarantee, there's no problem.

I'm just trying to figure things out first before sending the pc.

Thanks again.

fallenzgr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  3. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  4. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  6. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  7. Second screen went black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second screen went black: I have been using the same monitor for the past 9 years, with the same laptop for the past 5. Never had any issue with it but today when I plug it in HDMI, the laptop detects it but the screen is black. I tested it with 2 other laptops, worked well. I also tested another HDMI...
  8. I got stuck on a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got stuck on a black screen: when ever i click the button on the computer it just light up and show no signal on the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-stuck-on-a-black-screen/6fbc09fb-5466-4bb7-bd0d-623d8c386c91
  9. I got stuck on a black screen

I got stuck on a black screen: when ever i click the button on the computer it just light up and show no signal on the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-stuck-on-a-black-screen/6fbc09fb-5466-4bb7-bd0d-623d8c386c91
  10. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...