Windows 10: Windows 10 - Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - Black Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, i recently had a problem i don't entirely understand, and any help would be appreciated! So, i was playing a game on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016.

1. fallenzgr Win User

Windows 10 - Black Screen

Hello to everyone,
    i recently had a problem i don't entirely understand, and any help would be appreciated!
    So, i was playing a game on my desktop when suddenly while i was playing screen went Grey with vertical black lines and computer stopped responding.
    I turned it off, and started it up again, when i got and error on booting asking to me to reset my PC or continue and stuff.
    I pressed continue the 1st time but nothing was happening, then i pressed "Troubleshoot" and continued all the way to reset the windows 10.
    It was resetting normally up to 25%, but then screen went black for nearly 30 minutes, without any change, but computer seems to work normally.
    Shall i let it just there / it needs more time or it stuck somehow? What shall i do?
    I was told that it's my hard disk that's destroyed, i have 2, the one that has the windows installed, any way to fix it?
    Also, i have 2 graphic cards, maybe it's one of those that's destroyed?
    Last, plagged in as monitor i have my T.V. connected via HDMI in the primary graphic card.
    I don't know, maybe those 3 last lines may help!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Makis

:)

fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 4, 2016
  3. S M Mahmudul Hasan, Jun 4, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Mine did that a while back on another PC & it turned out to be the graphics card. It would go black, or the resolution would go to hell. A friend of mine suggested I get some dust remover, turn the can upside down & spray it on the graphics card. If there was a overheating problem, the screen would return to normal when it got cooled. I tried it & lo & behold, every time I did it, the screen returned to normal. That's how I determined it was the card on mine.

Or it could be the monitor itself. Or the HDMI cord. The only way to determine is to swap those out one by one & see if the problem disappears when you switch one out.

Borg 386, Jun 4, 2016
  5. fallenzgr Win User
    will try it out, thanks.

Also, i forgot to mention that from this moment i have 2 GREEN Vertical lines startup.

May that be Graphics Card problem?

fallenzgr, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Most likely, although it's hard to say. The only way to determine the cause is to systematically switch things out until you find the cause. I wish you luck & hope it turns out to be the cord & not the graph card. If you can, unplug the cards & try running VGA into the monitor (if it has a plug for that). If you have no probs with that, then it's highly likely the card.

Borg 386, Jun 4, 2016
  7. fallenzgr Win User
    Thankfully it's still in guarantee, there's no problem.

I'm just trying to figure things out first before sending the pc.

Thanks again.

fallenzgr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. Windows 10 Black Screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen after login: After i log into windows because i have a password then i just see a black sreen with mouse nothing else. I can open task manager and open there the explorer but i tryed to fix this and nothing happend. I have to wait like 5-30 min. I think the problem is to this problem...
  3. Pc black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc black screen: I decided to restart my pc and delate everything on it, when I did I got a black screen and I can remove it. I cant even turn off my pc or anything now? Please help! submitted by /u/Y2felix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m09zxu/pc_black_screen/
  4. Outlook email text looks normal on my screen but the text appears white or blacked out or...

Outlook email text looks normal on my screen but the text appears white or blacked out or...: I am not sure the cause. May be related to dark color mode in windows or my chrome extension dark reader but I'm not sure. What might you try that is idiot proof? Currently I write my email, it looks normal on my screen, and I don't find out until after I've sent it. I use...
  5. how to change my screen from black mode to white

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change my screen from black mode to white: how to change my screen from black mode to white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-screen-from-black-mode-to-white/d1dd6f68-2274-496e-9f10-d1722a78e253
  6. Laptop on Black Screen

Laptop on Black Screen: Monitor definitely gives light, but there is no display. Caps Lock light works. Can someone help please? Connecting to a TV does not work but it worked for a small period (before I disabled one of my graphics cards) submitted by /u/aliersinoral [link] [comments]...
  7. How do i fix a black screen?

How do i fix a black screen?: So i turned on my computer, it brings me to a black screen with a cursor. if i give it some time it brings up the first page to go to sign in, but it looks weird. it has poor quality and says “Windows sign-in”. if i click anything at all, it brings me straight to the black...
  8. Black Screen With Windows logo and Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Windows logo and Spinning Circle: I recently updated my pc and it went into a mode where it would not accept the correct password. I then proceed to reset and i have been stuck with this black loading windows screen for about 2 hours now... please help... thanks, ......
  9. Black Screen and Laptop Getting DIscharged overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Laptop Getting DIscharged overnight: I have a Acer Aspire 3 Laptop, i am having a problem from a few days; I someitmes randomly get a black screen, or when i shake/move the laptop and sometimes on startup. I checked my laptop for viruses and there were none, i think the problem might be in hardware, can someone...
  10. safe mode black screen R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    safe mode black screen R: My pc does not open anymore only open in a black screen safe mode Microsoft R Build 19041_release.191206-1406. I cant leave this screen I cant get in in the windows and just appear the mouse and its writing safe mode the four corners of the black screen...