Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have found my PC seized up when returning to it later in the day. I have run AVG Tune Up and the system scan sfc /scannow, and have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 black screen

Recently I have found my PC seized up when returning to it later in the day. I have run AVG Tune Up and the system scan sfc /scannow, and have checked the C drive where Windows resides. What else can I do?

TIA

Murray

:)

MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 20, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen

1. Windows 10 black screen - Similar Threads - black screen

2. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  3. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  4. Second screen went black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second screen went black: I have been using the same monitor for the past 9 years, with the same laptop for the past 5. Never had any issue with it but today when I plug it in HDMI, the laptop detects it but the screen is black. I tested it with 2 other laptops, worked well. I also tested another HDMI...
  5. I got stuck on a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got stuck on a black screen: when ever i click the button on the computer it just light up and show no signal on the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-stuck-on-a-black-screen/6fbc09fb-5466-4bb7-bd0d-623d8c386c91
  6. I got stuck on a black screen

I got stuck on a black screen: when ever i click the button on the computer it just light up and show no signal on the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-stuck-on-a-black-screen/6fbc09fb-5466-4bb7-bd0d-623d8c386c91
  7. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  8. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  9. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...