Windows 10: Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts

Discus and support Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed this recently, though I don't know exactly when it started. Most black text has some strange color artifacts to it. See the zoomed-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zdenek##, Jan 6, 2020.

1. zdenek## Win User

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts

I've noticed this recently, though I don't know exactly when it started.

Most black text has some strange color artifacts to it. See the zoomed-in snapshots:

Chrome:

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts eb975e3f-9221-4715-8059-092f75640d39?upload=true.png

Windows explorer title bar:

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts 6867e826-3799-4e0f-8bb3-f27667dc629e?upload=true.png

Desktop icon:

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts 1d95e77d-b657-4f72-a429-002de073d7e9?upload=true.png

etc, etc.

The images were created by print screen, pasted into Irfan, zoomed in, captured by Snipping tool, saved as png. Irfan is probably responsible for the interpolation... Anyway, the color artifacts are clearly visible on my screen Asus 3840x2160 display, 150% desktop scaling, Nvidia card with up to date drivers.

Turning off ClearType helps in some cases but some programs look worse.

Any way to fix this? Help!

:)

zdenek##, Jan 6, 2020

2. System Text Color in Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 system, version 1803 and all of the fonts in File Explorer, all web browsers, any of the Settings screens and other places changed suddenly from black text to a blue color.

I've tried the Personalization options (colors, background, themes, etc) and I am unable to reset the font color to black.

In the SettingWindows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts :personalization:colors when I choose black from the custom colors list I get a "This Color is not Supported" message.

I am not using any Themes or High Contrast settings. Could this be a hardware issue with my graphics card.

I did do a color test on the monitor and got very good Red, Green, and Blue results so I don't think this is a monitor problem. Videos show normal, true colors as well. Seems to be just system text font colors.

Any ideas? thanks!

WilliamHarper4, Jan 6, 2020
  3. How does one change the desktop icon text color in Win10?

I find this discussion "strange" based on what I'm seeing on my machines.

What I see is white text with a black outline shading. So no matter what the color of the background the text is always readable.

What's more I tried the steps outlined, as in picking a orange as a solid color and the text color didn't change, (still quite visible white with black outline shading). And needless to say it didn't change when I changed to a picture for the background.

Maybe this has changed since the suggestion was posted?

A_User_Here, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts

text colors

Hi,

You can easily personalize your desktop and colors by following the steps on this link Change desktop background and colors. You can also refer to the post of Miseasa from this

thread
    as a reference for changing the text color to black.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts

1. Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts - Similar Threads - black text has

2. My text color of the app icon on the desktop is black, which is annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My text color of the app icon on the desktop is black, which is annoying: Hi, I am having a problem is that when I change my wallpaper into a custom wallpaper, the text color of app icon on the desktop always change into black. I switch from Picture -> Solid color -> Picture and the problem is fixed. But after a restart or shutdown, it revert into...
  3. My text color of the app icon on the desktop is black, which is annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My text color of the app icon on the desktop is black, which is annoying: Hi, I am having a problem is that when I change my wallpaper into a custom wallpaper, the text color of app icon on the desktop always change into black. I switch from Picture -> Solid color -> Picture and the problem is fixed. But after a restart or shutdown, it revert into...
  4. My text color of the app icon on the desktop is black, which is annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.: Hi, Whenever I have my desktop in the background my text and icons get artifacts around them. Please see image below. I have all apps closed and my desktop background is in focus. I have recently shifted from a 21 inch 1080p to a 32 inch 1440p monitor. I am using a...
  6. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.: Hi, Whenever I have my desktop in the background my text and icons get artifacts around them. Please see image below. I have all apps closed and my desktop background is in focus. I have recently shifted from a 21 inch 1080p to a 32 inch 1440p monitor. I am using a...
  7. Artifacts around text and icons. Windows 10 @ 1440p.

8. System Text Color in Windows 10

System Text Color in Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 system, version 1803 and all of the fonts in File Explorer, all web browsers, any of the Settings screens and other places changed suddenly from black text to a blue color. I've tried the Personalization options (colors, background, themes, etc) and I am...
  9. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background. [ATTACH]...
  10. text color

text color: How do I change the text color on the background in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/text-color/156fec23-d2e6-4861-8d2e-29c99f045780