Windows 10: Windows 10 blank screen error

Discus and support Windows 10 blank screen error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello So i have tried almost everything i can for example, i have gone into recovery mode resseted my pc a few times(keeps failing), i have done code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mìk€¥, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Mìk€¥ Win User

Windows 10 blank screen error

Hello

So i have tried almost everything i can for example, i have gone into recovery mode resseted my pc a few times(keeps failing), i have done code in the command prompt but still no fix, i have tried to factory reset it but everytime i try this a problem arises

When i try to repair my pc it comes up with this message after failing the repair/reset:

D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

So i pit that in the command prompt and it came up with a notepad showing processes it did to repair and such but all showed failure and error codes such as-0x0 and 0x4005. Before this black screen appeared the first loading screen right before the black screen it showed it saying repairing c drive and then something about the d drive and now in the command prompt i have to use the d drive instead of the c drive for the coding. Ive been trying to fix this for the past few days any help will mean alot.

i have seen that another option that i can do is to get the windows cd and put it in and do something like reinstalling windows but this is a pc from a friend and i cant get the windows disl from him so please help

:)

Mìk€¥, Oct 11, 2018

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 13, 2018
  3. blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 blank screen error

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 blank screen error

1. Windows 10 blank screen error - Similar Threads - blank screen error

2. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen on windows 10: I have windows 10 home in my laptop. One day i installed my updates and the next day my laptop won't turn on , it would show the laptop brands logo then would go blank. So i opened automatic repair mode and tried to delete the updates but i couldn't then I watched a few...
  3. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen on windows 10: I have windows 10 home in my laptop. One day i installed my updates and the next day my laptop won't turn on , it would show the laptop brands logo then would go blank. So i opened automatic repair mode and tried to delete the updates but i couldn't then I watched a few...
  4. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Blank Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blank Screen: Recently my pc will just go blank randomly I have tried updating and reinstall my GPU drivers but it did not fix the problem. I have also noticed that it is still running when it goes blank I tested this by using skype and calling myself and waited for the screen to go blank...
  6. Windows 10 blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 blank screen: When i log in to windows 10, I see black screen and a cursor. I opened task manager and noticed that explorer.exe was missing. I run new task and run explorer and my desktop would be visible for a couple of seconds and go blank again and the status of the explorer says...
  7. Windows 10 blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 blank screen: When I turn my computer on, it works normally. But after a minute or so the screen blanks out. It just looks like a black screen with my mouse on it. I cannot access any applications or programs. I went to the task manager using control alt delete and looked through processes...
  8. blank screen with error 0146

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen with error 0146: I start up my Dell XPS L701X laptop and Dell emblem shows but then black screen. I restart and while Dell emblem showing I hit F12. Boot menu comes up with several listings. The only one that will work is the Diagnostic. After running, a pop-up appears and states: Error...
  9. Blank screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen on windows 10: When starting laptop, getting a black screen ,tried to use ctl+alt+del,so far had no success. Any advice would be much appreciated. Had quite a few problems with windows 10...
  10. Blank screen on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blank screen on windows 10: When starting laptop, getting a black screen ,tried to use ctl+alt+del,so far had no success. Any advice would be much appreciated. Had quite a few problems with windows 10...