Windows 10: Windows 10 blank screen error

Discus and support Windows 10 blank screen error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello So i have tried almost everything i can for example, i have gone into recovery mode resseted my pc a few times(keeps failing), i have done code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mìk€¥, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Mìk€¥ Win User

Windows 10 blank screen error

Hello

So i have tried almost everything i can for example, i have gone into recovery mode resseted my pc a few times(keeps failing), i have done code in the command prompt but still no fix, i have tried to factory reset it but everytime i try this a problem arises

When i try to repair my pc it comes up with this message after failing the repair/reset:

D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

So i pit that in the command prompt and it came up with a notepad showing processes it did to repair and such but all showed failure and error codes such as-0x0 and 0x4005. Before this black screen appeared the first loading screen right before the black screen it showed it saying repairing c drive and then something about the d drive and now in the command prompt i have to use the d drive instead of the c drive for the coding. Ive been trying to fix this for the past few days any help will mean alot.

i have seen that another option that i can do is to get the windows cd and put it in and do something like reinstalling windows but this is a pc from a friend and i cant get the windows disl from him so please help

:)

Mìk€¥, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Angela Pun Win User

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

3. Johann Eva Win User
    blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. Dhavelyn Mer Win User

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:46 AM
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blank screen error - Similar Threads - blank screen error

2. Blank screen after login - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after login - Windows 10: I have a laptop that I have reloaded windows10 six time. I finally got to the sign in screen but after I sign in I get a blank screen....
  3. windows 10 blank screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 blank screen at start up: My Dell laptop will not sign in. It goes from the screen loading windows, to Preparing to Automatic Repair, to a black screen. I cannot boot to Safe Mode. Is my only step now to attempt to boot to USB?...
  4. Blank Screen with Curser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen with Curser on Windows 10: So I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. I have a Toshiba Satellite and was operating in Windows 7 until Microsoft offered me a free upgrade to Windows 10. Last Thursday I started the download and in the end I have a blank screen with only a curser. I have...
  5. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...
  6. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen: In Windows 10, I have a blank screen with no cusor. How do I restart my laptop. Control/Alt/ Del does not work. 60182
  7. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen: My Laptop is Lenovo Y50. All of a sudden , on logging, the screen went blank with a mouse pointer & i couldnt enter password. No Control, alt, Del works... I didnt do any Windows 10 Update... Now the laptop is as good as dead. Guys please help... Only i have to...
  8. Blank Blue screen with no error messages.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Blue screen with no error messages.: Hi folks, I wonder if anyone has experienced this, it has happened twice since I installed windows 10 in the last two weeks. I have the default blue desktop in 10 and I also have a rather old ATI Radeoon HD 4600 graphics card, though the driver date in device manager is...
  9. Windows 10 boots to blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to blank screen: Hello people, It has been a while since I posted. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that is giving me fits. It was having an issue with explorer restarting continuously after it was upgraded from windows 7 by the customer. I recommended a clean install and backed up all...
  10. Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.: Hello, So, I was playing a game (Heroes of the Storm) with Firefox running in the background with a YouTube video paused in it. My PC specs: AMD FX-8350 AMD 7850 2GB Graphics (Gigabyte) 12 GB RAM 500 GB SSD 2 × 1 TB HDD Dual Monitor Setup (1 - 1920 × 1080, 2 -...