Windows 10: Windows 10 blank screen

Discus and support Windows 10 blank screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i log in to windows 10, I see black screen and a cursor. I opened task manager and noticed that explorer.exe was missing. I run new task and run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/primzcm, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 blank screen

When i log in to windows 10, I see black screen and a cursor. I opened task manager and noticed that explorer.exe was missing. I run new task and run explorer and my desktop would be visible for a couple of seconds and go blank again and the status of the explorer says "suspended" in the task manager and disappear. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/primzcm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/primzcm, Jun 23, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 blank screen

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 blank screen

1. Windows 10 blank screen - Similar Threads - blank screen

2. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  3. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  4. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10: I received a virus which I frantically uninstalled but it demolished my Windows Defender.When I open Windows Security/Defender all it shows is a blank window That says 'Security At a Glance - See what's happening with the security and health of your device and take any...
  6. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10: I received a virus which I frantically uninstalled but it demolished my Windows Defender.When I open Windows Security/Defender all it shows is a blank window That says 'Security At a Glance - See what's happening with the security and health of your device and take any...
  7. Windows Security shows a blank screen on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  9. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  10. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging