Windows 10: Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen

Discus and support Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, I am using the Windows 10 version below: "Edisyon Windows 10 Enterprise Sürüm 20H2 Yüklenme tarihi ‎21.‎09.‎2020 İS derlemesi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by valdis06, Nov 24, 2020.

1. valdis06 Win User

Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen

Hello guys,

I am using the Windows 10 version below:

"Edisyon Windows 10 Enterprise

Sürüm 20H2

Yüklenme tarihi ‎21.‎09.‎2020

İS derlemesi 19042.630

Deneyim Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0"

I have recently changed the drive in which my Windows was installed and had to install a new Windows version into the new drive. I have been experiencing a weird bug in the new installation of Windows without changing any parts of the laptop beside the aforementioned drive.

It does not show up on any of the screenshots so I will include a picture taken from my mobile phone:

Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen [​IMG]

Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen [​IMG]

As you can hopefully see, there are 1 or 2 pixels of blank space on the bottom edge of the screen. Because of it, I can't see which of my applications are active and how many windows they include.

I have tried everything posted as a solution to similar problems on the Microsoft forums uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver, resetting the graphics driver, etc.

This problem is not permanent but seems to show up randomly. It doesn't appear and goes away once I restart the computer. I am not sure whether if it is a software or hardware malfuntion.

Any help will be appreciated!

My PC specs are:

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN

Intel i7-7700HQ

16GB RAM

Intel Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

1TB SanDisk Ultra 3D M.2 NVMe SSD installed later

1TB Seagate Hard Drive

:)

valdis06, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

I.E. and Edge Not working - blank screens

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why your Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are showing blank screens when you try to access websites. It can be because of changes made or corrupted files.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you use Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

To help resolve the issue, you can perform a clean boot in Windows 10 by referring to the steps

here

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Nov 24, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

zbook, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen - Similar Threads - blank space bottom

2. MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN: Hi my MS Edge opens with a blank screen and the tab at the top is named untitled. I can not open anything to do with edge. So I have tried the followingand I am running Windows 11 with all updates.1 Edge Repair.2 Delete and reinstall Edge.3 I created a second user on my PC...
  3. MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN: Hi my MS Edge opens with a blank screen and the tab at the top is named untitled. I can not open anything to do with edge. So I have tried the followingand I am running Windows 11 with all updates.1 Edge Repair.2 Delete and reinstall Edge.3 I created a second user on my PC...
  4. Blank Box at Bottom Right of screen that i cant remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Box at Bottom Right of screen that i cant remove: I have a blank box appearing at the bottom of my screen that i cant remove - can someone help...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-box-at-bottom-right-of-screen-that-i-cant/84e0326c-abe3-4f49-9641-75dd36583cf2
  5. Blank Box at Bottom Right of screen that i cant remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Box at Bottom Right of screen that i cant remove: I have a blank box appearing at the bottom of my screen that i cant remove - can someone help...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-box-at-bottom-right-of-screen-that-i-cant/84e0326c-abe3-4f49-9641-75dd36583cf2
  6. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  7. Bottom the screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom the screen goes blank: Whenever I scroll up from the bottom of the page such as when I am using Ebay, Amazon or Craigslist the lower 1/3 of my screen is blank and covers up the page. I can scroll down and it goes away. It's as if the touchcreen keyboard pops up but it is completely blank and...
  8. Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen

in Cortana
    Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen: I first noticed this when the recent problem with the search function & Bing earlier this month, and I was hoping it would be resolved by now. Thankfully, my search function works as normal, however there is now an odd space between the search function and the edge of the...
  9. Blank space in Windows 10 context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank space in Windows 10 context menu: Hi, I have blank space in the context menus and would like to get rid of it but I don't know how to proceed. Can you please help me? Thank you. Cheers 142077
  10. Bottom section of maximized window is blank.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bottom section of maximized window is blank.: Below are images of the issue I am having with a few users. One instance it is seen in File Explorer, the other, in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. This problem arrived during the tail end of the 1709 updates and has seen its way into the latest 1803 packages. Their Lenovo T560's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. space at bottom of monitor