Windows 10: Windows 10 Blank Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Blank Start Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First things first... i7 7700, 2x GTX1080 w/SLI. 1TB SSD, z270 MSI Gaming Pro, 32GB RAM Samsung 31.5" 4k curved monitor. I've had this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shanejwilliams, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Blank Start Menu

First things first...
    i7 7700, 2x GTX1080 w/SLI. 1TB SSD, z270 MSI Gaming Pro, 32GB RAM Samsung 31.5" 4k curved monitor.

I've had this problem several times where the Strat menu goes blank and I hadnt had an action that coincided with this until now. It seems that alt_tab out of a game in full screen that has a lower resolution than the desk top causes both the game and the OS to freak out. Could there be a correlation between the differing resolutions that cause the OS and/or the game to hiccup?

Other notes... 80 shortcuts and word docs and wordpad icons on desktop @ a rez of 2560X1440 (99% of the games I play max rez at 1920X1200)

:)

shanejwilliams, Sep 22, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Blank Start Menu

Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank

Hello everyone,

I was following the Tenforums.com Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep guide, which I found to be an amazing guide.

My goal is to have a Windows 10 Pro x64 sysprep image from the Hyper-V VM, exactly as in the guide.

Anyways I had everything going smooth - I was about to Generalize the image and realized the Start Menu stopped returning results, instead just showing a blank search.

After some frustration and reluctance I went back to the checkpoint at the very beginning (as indicated in the guide). The Start Menu still showed up blank.

Reinstalled the VM in Hyper-V using different names and different VHD files but all resulted in the same error.

Created the VM in VMware Workstation 12 and and started the Sysprep process with Windows 10 in VMware. The Start Menu is still blank.

Uninstalled Hyper-V and reinstalled Hyper-V but that didn't help.

I've done the basic troubleshooting steps too:

• Reboot system (Host and Guest systems multiple times)
    • Verified service Windows Search is running (I restarted the service as well)
    • Rebuilt Index
    • Restarted Cortana and Windows Explorer
    • Re-registered Cortana

I've tried Googling my heart out to no avail. Couldn't even find an image with a similar problem. I've attached a snippet of the issue below.

Note: This is only in Audit Mode. When I let the Windows install complete, the Start Menu works again. I'll try completing the imaging process and load the Sysprep image and see if the Start Menu functionality comes back unless someone has a better idea or similar experience?

Windows 10 Blank Start Menu [​IMG]

SeattleITguy, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Blank Start Menu

1. Windows 10 Blank Start Menu - Similar Threads - Blank Start Menu

2. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  3. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  4. Windows 10 Missing/Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Missing/Blank Start Menu Icons: As you can see on the screenshots below, these apps are blank. Most especially my apps like Chrome are like this as well the name changes, it becomes blank and un-openable.How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 Missing/Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Missing/Blank Start Menu Icons: As you can see on the screenshots below, these apps are blank. Most especially my apps like Chrome are like this as well the name changes, it becomes blank and un-openable.How do I fix this?...
  6. Blank Tiles on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Tiles on Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hi folks This has been like this for a few months now, but I'd like to try fix it. I've a couple of apps that just don't have icons; they display as blank in the Start Menu....
  7. Start menu and notifications are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and notifications are blank: My computer locked up while writing a paper. I had to use the button to shut it down even though I didn't want to. When I powered the computer back on, it took a very long time. The I tried opening Word and this shows up: [ATTACH] All notifications are the same way. My...
  8. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  9. Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Start Menu Icons: Since my upgrade from windows 7, all my start menu icons are blank. I've tried deleting the icon cache.db file, doesn't help. [img] 17233
  10. Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank: Hello everyone, I was following the Tenforums.com Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep guide, which I found to be an amazing guide. My goal is to have a Windows 10 Pro x64 sysprep image from the Hyper-V VM, exactly as in the guide. Anyways I had...