Windows 10: Windows 10 blank top

Discus and support Windows 10 blank top in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue where at random times, the top of File Explorer, Google Chrome or Adobe Reader shows a blank top.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickSousa, May 20, 2020.

1. NickSousa Win User

Windows 10 blank top

I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue where at random times, the top of File Explorer, Google Chrome or Adobe Reader shows a blank top. The blank top removes the option to click on any ribbon or settings. The close, minimize, etc are blank as well. Almost as if a blank rectangle is put over the apps. However, if I move it to a second screen, it works fine. Moving it back, the issue returns. This is occurring on multiple computers and laptops. We are running Window 10 64 bit with the latest updates and graphics drivers. I'm able to 'restore' the program by using the Shift+right click on the programs icon in the taskbar. This allows me to see the top and move it. The only temporary fix is to adjust the resolution for the one screen and revert it back. Thereafter, it works normally. Could this be a bug in a video driver or maybe a Windows 10 issue? Seemed to start a few months ago.

:)

NickSousa, May 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  3. Slartybart, May 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 blank top

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 blank top

1. Windows 10 blank top - Similar Threads - blank top

2. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  3. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  4. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have a blank white box on the top left of my monitor of my Windows 10 - how do I remove it?

I have a blank white box on the top left of my monitor of my Windows 10 - how do I remove it?: I have a white blank box on the top left of my screen. It covers the icons on the desktop and part of the ribbon on the MS 365. How do I remove it permanently? Tks...
  6. I have a blank white box on the top left of my monitor of my Windows 10 - how do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a blank white box on the top left of my monitor of my Windows 10 - how do I remove it?: I have a white blank box on the top left of my screen. It covers the icons on the desktop and part of the ribbon on the MS 365. How do I remove it permanently? Tks...
  7. I have a blank white box on the top left of my monitor of my Windows 10 - how do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I can sign into msn.com on my phone but get a blank screen in Windows 10 on my desk top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can sign into msn.com on my phone but get a blank screen in Windows 10 on my desk top: I can sign into my phone on msn.com but windows 10 will not let me sing in. After I enter my user name I get a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-sign-into-msncom-on-my-phone-but-get-a-blank/f85da7ab-c4bc-49bc-bf0e-f9d7dd885c19
  9. I can sign into msn.com on my phone but get a blank screen in Windows 10 on my desk top

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can sign into msn.com on my phone but get a blank screen in Windows 10 on my desk top: I can sign into my phone on msn.com but windows 10 will not let me sing in. After I enter my user name I get a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-sign-into-msncom-on-my-phone-but-get-a-blank/f85da7ab-c4bc-49bc-bf0e-f9d7dd885c19
  10. I can sign into msn.com on my phone but get a blank screen in Windows 10 on my desk top