Windows 10: Windows 10 blank top

Discus and support Windows 10 blank top in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue where at random times, the top of File Explorer, Google Chrome or Adobe Reader shows a blank top.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickSousa, May 20, 2020.

1. NickSousa Win User

Windows 10 blank top

I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue where at random times, the top of File Explorer, Google Chrome or Adobe Reader shows a blank top. The blank top removes the option to click on any ribbon or settings. The close, minimize, etc are blank as well. Almost as if a blank rectangle is put over the apps. However, if I move it to a second screen, it works fine. Moving it back, the issue returns. This is occurring on multiple computers and laptops. We are running Window 10 64 bit with the latest updates and graphics drivers. I'm able to 'restore' the program by using the Shift+right click on the programs icon in the taskbar. This allows me to see the top and move it. The only temporary fix is to adjust the resolution for the one screen and revert it back. Thereafter, it works normally. Could this be a bug in a video driver or maybe a Windows 10 issue? Seemed to start a few months ago.

:)

NickSousa, May 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  3. Slartybart, May 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 blank top

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 blank top

1. Windows 10 blank top - Similar Threads - blank top

2. Windows Store - Blank Sign In

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store - Blank Sign In: I am trying to log into the Microsoft Store App to download a game I purchased. When I click the sign in button at the top right and then choose the account I am wanting to sign in with a Blank Box appears in the center of the screen and won't populate with the fields I need...
  3. Blank screen during hibernate/sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen during hibernate/sleep Windows 10: My computer hangs during hibernation. That is, it starts the process, my monitor goes dark, but the computersometimes remains on. It happens once every several attempts. I'd say when going to hibernate I have a 50/50 chance of the computer actually going into hibernation,...
  4. Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyrim013 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkscff/why_all_my_application_shortcut_icons_have_this/
  5. Window10 desktop blank and taskbar is loading and right is working on desk top Please help!!!

Window10 desktop blank and taskbar is loading and right is working on desk top Please help!!!: I got a problem in my pc when I started pc and login it after logged in my pc get stuck and blank at desktop like below pic[IMG] And taskbar is also not working its showing Loading pic is attached below [IMG] And one thing this is that only right click button is work on...
  6. Fix: white or blank unclickable top of page of browser (firefox, edge, explorer, chrome)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix: white or blank unclickable top of page of browser (firefox, edge, explorer, chrome): (As only found on Microsoft help short work around as press F11 been using for months now!) Hello everyone, first time posting here but since this problem was a big deal in my workplace, i wanted to share with you this fix that i've found on reddit. I've been looking for a...
  7. Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...: Hello! Hope some one can assist i have different Users with a strange behaviour - if they maximize a window tested with IE11, Acrobat, Windows Explorer, google chrome they get an empty or black / white space on top of that window. Right clicking on the empty or black /...
  8. Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen: This problem happens with all windows when maximized. When the window is maximized there is a bar at the top of the screen through which i can see my desktop. Its like that range that the window can maximize has been shortened. Here is the link from reddit and this is...
  9. Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?: Hey gang, I installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and really like it so far. I have been trying out the new MS Edge browser. I noticed up towards the top in Top Sites it would populate with websites I visit frequently. Kind of like it did in IE previously when one...
  10. Getting Blank Icon at top right of file and folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Blank Icon at top right of file and folder: Hi, I'm getting getting Blank white Icon at top right of file and folder. It's frustrating me a lot. Kindly help me to get rid off Actually I got this behaviour when i installed the avira antivirus then after few days I uninstalled the avira antivirus. After that un...