Windows 10: Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809

Discus and support Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a WPF BLE Central application (not UWP) that used to work in Windows 10, 1803 connected to Nordic NRF52 processor. The issue is the code below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jkim_224, Jun 7, 2019.

1. jkim_224 Win User

Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809

I have a WPF BLE Central application (not UWP) that used to work in Windows 10, 1803 connected to Nordic NRF52 processor.

The issue is the code below no longer generates event.

aCharacteristic.ValueChanged += char_ValueChanged_Notification;

I am not using any pairing or bonding currently. Below is high level summary of the BLE code.

aBleDevice = await BluetoothLEDevice.FromBluetoothAddressAsync(blueToothAddr);

var gatt = await aBleDevice.GetGattServicesAysnc();

// For each of the service found, get the Characteristics

var charResult await service.GetCharateristicsAsync();

// For each characteristic that I want to be notified, I have code below generated event in 1803, but no longer works in 1809 or in 1903.

aCharacteristic.ValueChanged += char_ValueChanged_Notification;

Any suggestions on how to make it work in 1809 and later? It appears to be related to security issue change(?) that prevents reading / receiving data from the BLE Peripheral?

:)

jkim_224, Jun 7, 2019
  2. MrSeanKon Win User

Enable visual styles in WPF application

EUREKA!

Steps:
    1) I made a Windows form (HostWPF namespace, Form1 is the form).
    2) I added a reference => System.Windows.Forms.Integration which contains classes that enable interoperation between the Windows Forms and WPF technologies. When you use System.Windows.Forms.Integration classes, you can host Windows Forms controls on WPF pages, and WPF elements in Windows Forms-based applications.
    3) Then added a control (damn Vi$ual $tudio 2010 does not allow to add a WPF window) but after adding I edited the XMAL code in the way I want *Wink Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809 ;)
    4) The next steps are simple. Download the first attachment. But => see the photo.
    It crashes!!!!!
    5) Finally???
    We must use System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(); command because the WPF window behaves like a classical Windows Form.
    Download the second attachment. Note that the Windows form's name is Initial.
    Enjoy!

MrSeanKon, Jun 7, 2019
  3. MrSeanKon Win User
    Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

WPF has no concept of MDI applications. In fact Microsoft is trying to discourage any one using that form of application. I'm new to WPF and I really like MDI applications. It allows me to move quickly between windows and compare the content of different windows. Furthermore, sometime the content of one window is useful for another so I can copy and paste. I think it's a great user experience for working mode.
    To continue, download the attachment!
    It includes two folders, they are very simple code.
    The point is how you can terminate an application (Windows Form and WPF).

MrSeanKon, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809 - Similar Threads - BLE WPF ValueChanged

2. Why do Bluetooth LE / BLE Midi Controllers not work in Windows 11 any longer WIn11 Home...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do Bluetooth LE / BLE Midi Controllers not work in Windows 11 any longer WIn11 Home...: Just today I tried a few MIDI controllers with BLE, on WIndows 11 Home with latest stable updates.Roland A-01Yamaha MD-BT01Yamaha UD-BT01They all do not work properly in WIndows 11. WOrked fine in WIndows 10.They get reconized and paired, but immediately after connection is...
  3. Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11: No matter which app I try, BLE devices are not reliably enumerated. I must run Bluetooth troubleshooter for it to work and then it works once and is also not able to properly write to devices. Everything fails. On Windows 10, same hardware, same apps - work fine.Anyone has...
  4. Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11

Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11: No matter which app I try, BLE devices are not reliably enumerated. I must run Bluetooth troubleshooter for it to work and then it works once and is also not able to properly write to devices. Everything fails. On Windows 10, same hardware, same apps - work fine.Anyone has...
  5. BLE LESC fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLE LESC fails: Hi! We're developing an app which connects to BLE devices for different purposes. We've successfully enabled MITM, but are having problems enabling the LESC option, which is part of the BT v4.2 as I understand it.When this is enabled, our connection attempts return with the...
  6. BLE Windows 10 desktop app

BLE Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, guys. I use Visual Studio Community for C++/C# development on 64-bit Windows 10 desktops. I mostly use WPF or Qt 5 to create Windows 10 desktop apps. My laptop has Bluetooth LE 5.0 and I have a BLE device that uses the HRS (Heart Rate Service). I wish to create a...
  7. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  8. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after update to Win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker no longer working after update to Win 10 1809: Speaker Philips BT50B/37 stopped working after update to version 1809. The device pairs and connects, but there is no sound coming out of the speaker. If I try to manage audio in Skype, I get the message "there no device to manage". In Device manager I see 3 audio devices:...
  9. Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works: In Windows 10 update 1809 the ability to search photos by using "Datetaken:" no longer works. This does work in Windows 10 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-search-term-datetaken-no-longer/5c1299d6-2166-434f-a152-912c7b97fefd"
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...: Hi, hoping I may be able to get some help. My two PCs updated yesterday to 1809. One is an HP all-in-one, the other a Surface Pro 2017. I realised that the Timeline functionality had broken, entirely, on both machines. Neither machine was recording my Timeline activity. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpf application not starting win 10