Windows 10: Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning all. I have a Samsung NP300E5A S03 (i5-2430M, Nvidia GT520MX + Intel 3000 Graphics, 6Gb RAM). A few months ago I tried to upgrade it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MPAB, Mar 18, 2019.

1. MPAB Win User

Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install

Good morning all.

I have a Samsung NP300E5A S03 (i5-2430M, Nvidia GT520MX + Intel 3000 Graphics, 6Gb RAM).

A few months ago I tried to upgrade it to W10, but the installation said something about software incompatibilities and asked for a fresh install. I don't remember what exactly it said and decided not to pursue it because I had no time to clone the disk at the moment.

This weekend I decided to try it, so I replaced the hard drive with a blank one and made a W10 install USB pen using the latest Media Creation Tool. (I've removed the DVD to install a second hard drive bay).

It booted into the USB pen and started installing without a problem. But when I came back a few minutes later, the screen was blinking. dark/bright every second or so. Nothing to be read. No mouse pointer. No response to keys. The HDD light was randomly flashing, so I assumed it was still working and left it, but half an hour later it was still the same.

The only thing that worked was the power button. It turned the laptop off immediately. I removed the USB pen drive and it booted into the blinking again.

I tried F8 upon restarting to get into failsafe mode or something like that, but it didn't work.

I decided to repeat the installation, wiping the partition and everything, but it happened again.

Fortunately, after replacing the drive with the original one, it went back to its normal W7.

What could be causing this behavior? Will I be able to install W10 on it?

Thank you very much.

:)

2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install

1. Windows 10 blinking screen from clean install - Similar Threads - blinking screen clean

2. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch: Hi there, I have windows 10 home single language laptop. For the last 6 month it really became too slow to work. So I have decided to reset this pc.This is my pc and it's processor.I have backed up my data to another pc. so data loss problem. I want it to be simply delete...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch: Hi there, I have windows 10 home single language laptop. For the last 6 month it really became too slow to work. So I have decided to reset this pc.This is my pc and it's processor.I have backed up my data to another pc. so data loss problem. I want it to be simply delete...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. blink screen in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blink screen in window 10: I NEED HELP. One beautiful day just like an other day i open my pc and found my pc screen keep blinking. I try to search youtube and try many thing like restart, disable device and even factory reset but it is all useless. Now i am in trouble! My screen still like that and i...
  6. Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot: Hi! As the subject says, I am installing a fresh Windows 10 from boot and experiencing some odd blinking white lines across the horizontal center of the screen. It's frozen there and doesnt move into the installation at all. How can I fix this? Or at least get more...
  7. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  8. Black screen windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen windows 10 clean install: Hi i have tried two clean installs onto 860 evo ssd with windows 10 home one with internet connected and one with out. The install with internet connected gets all the way to entering my phone no. and At the end of the install then reboots to black screen with no cursor or...
  9. blinking screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blinking screen in windows 10: My screen starts suddenly blinking and flashing. How can I solve this without going to save mode because I tried it and my computer refuse to allow me to enter in my account although I enter the correct pin....
  10. Blinking login screen - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blinking login screen - Windows 10: Hello team, I am having an issue that just came up recently regarding a constant blinking login screen. The computer will load to the login screen and begin to blink constantly until it finally stops and I am able to login. The blinking can last anywhere from 10 seconds to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install desktop blinking