Windows 10: windows 10 bloating memory with idle

Discus and support windows 10 bloating memory with idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I started to note something odd after latest updates came: my system has 24gb of memory, active usage may include up to 6gb at once ...it takes 2-8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ravenzeroak¨¨, Mar 28, 2020.

1. windows 10 bloating memory with idle

So, I started to note something odd after latest updates came: my system has 24gb of memory, active usage may include up to 6gb at once ...it takes 2-8 hours for windows 10 to start using more than 100% of that 24gb pool ...by not uncommitting blocks but slowly stacking em

:)

ravenzeroak¨¨, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Fortitude Win User

windows 10 bloating memory with idle

Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

windows 10 bloating memory with idle [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

windows 10 bloating memory with idle [​IMG]

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

Fortitude, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 bloating memory with idle

1. windows 10 bloating memory with idle - Similar Threads - bloating memory idle

2. How much memory did bloat take?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much memory did bloat take?!: So we JUST plugged this in and did the out of box set up this morning and now it says I have 4 folders taking up this much space... but the folders are empty. Is this all that is in this section of the storage? If so, why in the world are 4 empty folders using that much...
  3. How much memory did bloat take?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much memory did bloat take?!: So we JUST plugged this in and did the out of box set up this morning and now it says I have 4 folders taking up this much space... but the folders are empty. Is this all that is in this section of the storage? If so, why in the world are 4 empty folders using that much...
  4. memory idle at 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory idle at 60%: for a while my memory has been idle at 60-70% and basically running any game will cause my pc to freeze or crashive tied sfc scan, malwarebytes, safe boot, turning off settings, clearing space but nothing has worked, using process hacker i can see its mostly dwm using 4 gb of...
  5. memory at 60% idle

memory at 60% idle: ive tried deleting unwanted files apps and running sfc scan, but nothing workstask manager is showing nothing is using memory but process hacker says otherwise, but most of the processes are windowsprivate bytes in process hacker is memory i have 8 gigs of ram...
  6. High Memory Usage on Idle

High Memory Usage on Idle: When my laptop is on idle, it uses more than 50% memory. I have 2 GBs of RAM. On Task Manager when I sort by highest memory usage, the only one that's using more than 50 MBs is Antimalware Service Executable. The rest of it is under 50 MBs. On Resource Monitor's Memory tab,...
  7. Need help - Windows 10 is bloated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help - Windows 10 is bloated: I have a relatively new laptop - purchased in November, 2020. I have installed very few and only the essential apps. All my files are in D drive and my C drive is reserved only for Windows and Software installations. However, out of 200 GB space on my C drive, 125 GB is...
  8. High memory usage in idle

High memory usage in idle: Recently as of three days ago my memory usage as gone from around 18 to 30% when in idle and roaming the web to 38 to 63%, absolutely nothing has been changed or altered within my pc I haven't downloaded anything or installed any software. It is disturbing me greatly as I...
  9. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...
  10. Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high: Hi guys! Just to fill you all in, i had some issues with my pc so i eventually formatted it completely, using a disc to freshly install the OS. Now after many days of messing around trying to figure out what is going on I see that with steam open(not downloading) and 4 chrome...