Windows 10: Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster

Discus and support Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there. I am not very tech minded so hopefully will not be asking a stupid question! I recently received a telstra WIFI booster for my gen 2 nbn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmandaKH, Feb 3, 2021.

1. AmandaKH Win User

Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster

Hi there. I am not very tech minded so hopefully will not be asking a stupid question! I recently received a telstra WIFI booster for my gen 2 nbn modem, but it appears that my HP laptop sees it as a threat and windows 10 ends up in an endless cycle of trying to find a solution for the issue and restarting. All I can do is turn off the booster and link back up directly to the modem. Does anyone have any answers? Staff at telstra don't seem to understand the issue...

:)

AmandaKH, Feb 3, 2021

2. wifi signal booster

Hey Brian,

Let’s start off with a clean slate. Please reboot your wireless router, the signal booster(unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug in), and your PC. Do them in that order.

Then, on your PC, go to settings - network and internet - WiFi - see if you can see your signal booster on the list of networks to connect to. If the signal booster is working properly, you should see it on the list and be able to connect to it.

Let me know how you make out, and we’ll go from there!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Feb 3, 2021
  3. BrianBPLQ Win User
    wifi signal booster

Hi Charlie

I havent done the "turn0ff" routine yet...but I'd thought I'd mention that after my hard drive was replaced, I've checked settings several times...and a list of routers, including my neighbours", comes up....including my existing base router...but the booster
    does not show...and the signal is the 1-2 bars that I was working with before I got the booster.

When I first got that booster, I had a "techo" friend (I'm 72 and I'm a whiz with military hardware of the 1960's-but not this stuff)!...install the booster...at that time the name HUAWEI-Y4AOGG was showing in the list of networks to connect to along with
    my router...

Shall I still do the procedure?

(and thanks Charlie..I appreciate the help)

Brian

BrianBPLQ, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster

Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro.

I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak.

I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one.

That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly.

I would rather not, have to run any cables. I'm not sure, I have an ethernet port?

Am I wrong, to think this can be done, wirelessly?

Please don't suggest. I talk to the company, that provides the WiFi signal.

I'd like to purchase it, from "Amazon" If, you can find one or more, that would work.

Please send me a link. Price, is not an issue.

I thank you, in advance. For any help you can give me. Thank for reading - Jerry

Jerry_Dwyer, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster

1. Windows 10 blocking Telstra WIFI Booster - Similar Threads - blocking Telstra WIFI

2. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer WiFi signal booster . . .: My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak. I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one. That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly. I would...
  3. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

Computer WiFi signal booster . . .: My computer is a Dell 3583 Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. I'm living in a retirement home. The WiFi signal provided is very weak. I want to purchase, a WiFi booster. I'm hoping, to find one. That, plugs into an AC outlet. And, boosts the WiFi signal wirelessly. I would...
  4. Computer WiFi signal booster . . .

5. Microphone booster

Microphone booster: The microphone boost option does not appear on the microphone property levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-booster/6257b7fe-bf1e-4539-afcb-d38cc7b36b00
  6. wifi booster

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi booster: I have wifi built in my cable box but it won't reach my bedroom tv for Netfix off Dish does anyone reccomd a extender that would help me 151426
  7. Volume Booster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Booster?: Hello! I recently downloaded something called Sound Booster, that raises the volume limit of my laptop. It has a tendency to fluctuate, which might be because it's the trial version. Does anyone know of any other methods or free apps that raise the volume limit? Coming...
  8. Windows 10 Wifi not finding Telstra modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi not finding Telstra modem: Hi. Just recently had Telstra broadband connected to my house, problem is, my laptop won't find the modem. -All our phones/pads do. -Computer connects via ethernet. So far: -I've updated the Qualcomm driver -reinstalled just about everything -setup a wireless...
  9. telstra.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    telstra.?: Telstra? rang me from oversea. asked me could they take over my computer to look for scammers. I said ok. I just wonder if I was scammed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/telstra/a8997287-19fe-498b-9dd6-6a1728d65dc0"
  10. Telstra bigpond mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telstra bigpond mail: I cannot sync my bigpond mail from earlier Windows version on PC or from Apple MacBook and devices. CAN anyone advise please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/telstra-bigpond-mail/3de1a2bb-d789-4728-bad4-64bad870dde3