Windows 10: Windows 10 blocking Websites?

Discus and support Windows 10 blocking Websites? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Dell laptop with windows 10 on it, Firefox and Kaspersky anti-virus. When I try to go to Hotmail (Outlook), it won't load at all. Netflix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by APG85, Jun 19, 2019.

1. APG85 Win User

Windows 10 blocking Websites?

I have a new Dell laptop with windows 10 on it, Firefox and Kaspersky anti-virus.
    When I try to go to Hotmail (Outlook), it won't load at all. Netflix won't load and says I don't have a secure connection. Facebook gives me a partially loaded news feed (can't click on anything). Microsoft websites also give me a "not a secure connection" page and won't load. All other websites that I use work fine.
    If I enable my Kaspersky Secure Connection (short duration ,free trial that I would have to have a yearly subscription to), everything works fine.
    I never had this issue on my Windows 7 machine and didn't need Kaspersky Private Browsing enabled on it to view the websites listed above.
    Does Windows 10 require you to have a VPN subscription to view certain websites?
    Thank you!

:)

APG85, Jun 19, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Windows 10 blocking Websites? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Jun 26, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blocking Websites? - Similar Threads - blocking Websites

2. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...: I'm having an issue with only certain clients that have Samsung phones or have Windows Defender. It blocks them from accessing my website with Kajabi. It gives them a security warning. Sometimes turning the wifi off will fix it, but not always. I have to ask them to clear...
  3. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...: I'm having an issue with only certain clients that have Samsung phones or have Windows Defender. It blocks them from accessing my website with Kajabi. It gives them a security warning. Sometimes turning the wifi off will fix it, but not always. I have to ask them to clear...
  4. Windows Defender is blocking clients from accessing my website through Kajabi. It is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive Website saying Request is Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Website saying Request is Blocked: I try to login to one drive and enter the website address, and I receive the below message saying: Your Request is Blocked. With error code: Ref A: 89CC0B394E8A42C5AD365E634D27132B Ref B: SYD03EDGE0920 Ref C: 2024-03-03T01:35:43ZWhat is going on? It opens fine in Microsoft...
  6. One Drive Website saying Request is Blocked

One Drive Website saying Request is Blocked: I try to login to one drive and enter the website address, and I receive the below message saying: Your Request is Blocked. With error code: Ref A: 89CC0B394E8A42C5AD365E634D27132B Ref B: SYD03EDGE0920 Ref C: 2024-03-03T01:35:43ZWhat is going on? It opens fine in Microsoft...
  7. One Drive Website saying Request is Blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how to block a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  9. how to block a website

how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  10. Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...

Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...: Wasn't getting windows upgeades listed in the settings tabs plus the microsoft store was not working. So tried to reinstall windows 11 using iso file.The installer got stuck at 46% for like 5 hours so had to exit and restart.Then the computer started lagging so installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blocking websites