Windows 10: Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off

Discus and support Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a web server running Win10Pro, a comcast router setting port forwarding from external connections to my server port 80. Internal IP access is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kristwong, Dec 19, 2019.

1. kristwong Win User

Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off

I have a web server running Win10Pro, a comcast router setting port forwarding from external connections to my server port 80. Internal IP access is working properly but external access is fail. I have uninstalled the Mcafee PC Security and turn the Windows Defender's firewall to all off, it still cannot get thru. If I setup my router to forward the ip to my desktop machine running Win10, it works properly. I have no hints of what's going on. Please help.

:)

kristwong, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Maris B. Win User

How to reliably block all incoming connections in Windows 10 Firewall?

In Windows 10 "Firewall and Advances Security" I want to block all Incoming network connections. Forever.

The initial setup is easy:

• Block incoming connection setting (already set by default)
    • Manually disable / delete all Inbound Rules

But the problem is, that after some time there are many new Rules added. Some are added by Windows (I believe it asks to allow program through firewall).

But there are many that are added without asking user permission. For example: "@$(runtime.ProgramFiles)\Hyper-V\SnapInAbout.dll,-212"

Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off 59G0h.jpg

So the question is - How to reliably block all incoming connections?

Maris B., Dec 19, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    [BUG] Windows 10 Mail App can't sync while external firewall working

Hello AngelTs,

One of the possible reasons why your Windows 10 Mail app is not syncing while your external firewall is enabled is that the external firewall is blocking outgoing and incoming activities on your PC. For us to elaborate the issue further, kindly answer the questions
    listed below:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you working in a business or corporate environment?
    • What's the app used for external firewall?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Dec 19, 2019
  4. tnic01 Win User

windows 10 blocking incoming connections

When i troubleshoot incoming connections i get a message "security or firewall is blocking incoming connections" for a particular program..i ionly have windows defender and windows firewall and both have been turned off..so could be the issue?

tnic01, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blocks all incoming external connections even firewall set to off - Similar Threads - blocks incoming external

2. Windows Defender Firewall - Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall - Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of...: [ATTACH] In my lab, Windows Defender Firewall has started to block all incoming connections ("shields up" mode). You must be an administrator to enable or disable this setting (Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps) locally on the...
  3. Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?

Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?: Im reviewing my firewall rules and noticed that a lot of apps are allowed inbound. Is there a reason an app needs this or can I disable all incoming connections completely? What are the tradeoffs and security risks with having some apps be allowed incoming on the Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 is blocking all connections to apps. Firewall etc. are all off!

Windows 10 is blocking all connections to apps. Firewall etc. are all off!: Hi there Just recently no apps on this computer will load on my computer. Discord, Steam and all other apps that connect to the internet don't work anymore. I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. I've tried the following: (1) Disabling Firewall (2) Making exceptions...
  5. Incoming connections in Windows Firewall Properties

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incoming connections in Windows Firewall Properties: Hello friends of the forum Ten! First of all, I apologize for my bad English ... I have been with you for a while and I have to say that this forum is wonderful. I write to you directly from Brazil and I would like to know if you could help me with something that I have tried...
  6. Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?: Hi, I'm trying to access a public WiFi location, and get the notification that firewall or Antivirus software may be blocking the connection. I've tried turning the firewall off and still get this result. Help?...
  7. Block incoming connections

Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  8. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  9. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...
  10. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...