Windows 10: windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them

Discus and support windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello... suddenly, my computer will not allow any downloads. Goes through the download process and at the end states that the download not the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GUNSE, Apr 8, 2020.

1. GUNSE Win User

windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them

Hello... suddenly, my computer will not allow any downloads. Goes through the download process and at the end states that the download not the computer has a virus and deletes it. It won't even download google chrome. I don't know if doing a full restore will eliminate this problem. Also, no... I don't have windows pro and I'm not buying it for $100 on the Microsoft store. I've followed several tips online to no help. Also, when I look at Downloads, they are going to an Applications folder and I'm not given another option of where to place them. UGH! Yes, I've checked windows defender, disabled firewalls temporarily, uninstalled 3rd party software... mcafee… I'm at a loss and don't think a wipe is going to fix it.

Windows 10

Dell Inspiron Gaming Computer

:)

GUNSE, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Octopuss Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I kind of solved it myself. I can't be arsed with uninstalling this or that, so I just took ownership of c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\ and then deleted everything related to gwx in Task scheduler. That should effectively block it.
    Now I just need to find list of IP addresses to block that are related to all possible telemetry garbage and similar stuff.

Octopuss, Apr 8, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 8, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them - Similar Threads - blocks downloads states

2. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  3. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  4. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  5. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  6. virus scan blocking downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan blocking downloads: I cannot download/open any pdf files from email or internet. Keeps giving me virus scan failed. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-blocking-downloads/414b2886-73de-447e-9051-28ea322d2a16
  7. "Download contained a virus and was deleted" problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Download contained a virus and was deleted" problem Windows 10: I bought a brand-new PC laptop eight months ago. It's running Windows 10, and I install Windows updates as soon as they become available. The only browser on the machine is Microsoft Edge. I am also running the latest version of McAfee Antivirus Plus, which I installed as...
  8. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  9. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national pharmacy, a .pdf file from an insurance company, etc. The problem occurs whether I'm using Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I...
  10. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted: All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus was detected and download deleted

2. windows 10 states the download contains a virus and was deleted. What do I need to do?

3. error document cintains virus and was deleted

4. file contained a virus and was deleted fix,
  5. downloads contain virus and deleted fix