Windows 10: Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings

Discus and support Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest feature update ‘Windows 10 version 2004’, also known as May 2020 Update, is plagued with issues that could potentially cause Blue Screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 6, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings

The latest feature update ‘Windows 10 version 2004’, also known as May 2020 Update, is plagued with issues that could potentially cause Blue Screen of Deaths and wreck apps or core features of the operating system on some configurations.

In an attempt to ward off widespread issues, Microsoft has been blocking the Windows 10 version 2004 on a large number of devices with incompatible drivers, hardware or apps. In June, users reported that Microsoft has blocked a wide range of devices including Surface products from receiving the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.

Now, users are reporting that they are being blocked from applying Windows 10 feature when the check for upgrade manually due to “unsupported settings”.

“Your PC settings aren’t supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported,” Microsoft’s warning says.

Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings PC-settings-arent-supported-yet-error.jpg

Some users noted that the Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade would be offered on their machines, download to 100%, and then display this unhelpful message.

Microsoft’s decision to block updates on PCs with unsupported Settings is a smart move, but the message is vague and unhelpful as there are no details explaining the “unsupported Settings”. Lack of details may frustrate some users who are eager to upgrade their PC to Windows 10 May 2020 Update or newer.

At the moment, “error” message neither describes the upgrade block nor points at a workaround.

In a thread, Microsoft’s employee shared a couple of potential workarounds to remove the upgrade block:

• Update drivers of your hardware such as the display, audio or Bluetooth.
    • Open Windows Security > Device Security > Core Isolation and off the feature.

You can also temporarily disable third-party antivirus software and revert Registry edits, and check for updates. There are other ways to force upgrade a PC, but Microsoft recommends users to hold off on manually updating their device until the compatibility hold is lifted.

The post Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 6, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings - Similar Threads - blocks feature updates

2. Blocking feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking feature: I keep being called names on certain post report it and that person still there cyberbullying using curse words and insults why hasn't msn remove the person? Where is blocked feature?...
  3. Blocking feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking feature: I keep being called names on certain post report it and that person still there cyberbullying using curse words and insults why hasn't msn remove the person? Where is blocked feature?...
  4. How to block the Windows 11 upgrade on Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    How to block the Windows 11 upgrade on Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been released and it is being offered via Windows Update already to systems that meet the Windows 11 system requirements. Windows 11 is a free upgrade for activated Windows 10 systems. The upgrade to Windows 11 is not enforced at...
  5. Microsoft posts instructions for upgrading to Windows 11 on unsupported PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft posts instructions for upgrading to Windows 11 on unsupported PCs: A new support page on Microsoft's support website provides instructions on installing Windows 11. A paragraph on the page includes instructions on upgrading Windows 10 devices that are not compatible with Windows 11's system requirements to Windows 11. When Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update: As Windows 10 version 1909 is reaching the end of servicing period next month and the Windows 10 Spring 2021 update is around the corner, some users are seeing reliability update KB4023057 again. KB4023057 update was first released in 2018 and it has been made available to...
  7. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain versions of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST). Microsoft says May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs may cause stability problems and it could also break the inbox storage...
  8. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud: Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in Windows 10 October 2018 Update is discovered. Microsoft recently blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on old AMD PCs and it...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  10. Repair install blocked by Unsupported Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair install blocked by Unsupported Directory: I apologize - I believe I've confused my issue with my previous posts. However, I've also managed to clean things up a bit: I'm trying to perform a "Repair Install" on my Windows 10 installation - which has the Anniversary update installed. I used the Windows 10 media...