Windows 10: windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

Discus and support windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Downloaded and installed 10 successfully, but when I try to open Chrome, I get a blank page with the spinning circle that says "loading". Tried to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maureen0614, Aug 1, 2015.

1. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

Downloaded and installed 10 successfully, but when I try to open Chrome, I get a blank page with the spinning circle that says "loading". Tried to contact Microsoft customer support and was on hold for more than an hour.

The only reason I am able to post here is that I un-installed it and I'm back to Windows 7.

I primarily use the computer for internet access, word processing and e-mail. Is Windows 10 worth the trouble for someone like me?

Thanks,

Maureen

:)

maureen0614, Aug 1, 2015

2. google chrome is blocked by microsoft

It is not natively blocked by Microsoft Windows 10 - so - what did you do in order to block it and what did you utilize to do so and/or what makes you believe Windows 10 is blocking "Google Chrome" in any manner?

Shenan Stanley, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft Family blocking Chrome

That link doesn't work on Windows 10 Home and Microsoft Family is the biggest POS in the world. Created solely to block Google Chrome on Windows 10. What a sham!

ColtenKriner, Aug 1, 2015
  4. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

cyberrufus, Aug 1, 2015
  5. RWOne Win User
    Why didn't you just uninstall/reinstall or perform another install of Chrome? The issue for what it's worth was with your Chrome install, not windows 10.

Chrome is not blocked at all, and works fine (if you like 5 separate processes for each page you open, it's become a memory hog of late) on all my 10 PC's / laptops. I've imported into edge, and while not finished by a long shot, performs well, and I have Chrome as well.

RWOne, Aug 1, 2015
  6. I appreciate those who took the time to make suggestions, but un-installing and re-installing is beyond my comfort level. I think my mistake was buying into the marketing and downloading 10 in the first place. Windows 7 works fine for me and by the time that's phased out (I've heard the date is in 2020) I'll be 70 and probably won't care.

Maureen

maureen0614, Aug 1, 2015
  7. RWOne Win User
    7 is an excellent OS, but my dear, if you undertook install of win 10 onto your machine by yourself then reverted, that level is steps above what is needed to simply uninstall and reinstall Chrome on the PC afterwards!

If you want to stayy on 7, no worries, you have until next aug and can still upgrade for free.

I would suggest removing chrome in 7 (control panel, programs and features) and then upgrade to 10.

Then you would install Chrome again within 10 by going to:

Chrome Browser

RWOne, Aug 2, 2015
  8. heracles Win User

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

I have reverted back to 8.1 as i was experiencing many small niggly problems,there is not enough change in Windows 10 to entice me back,and look how this forum has exploded with many,many issues since July 29th.I won`t be far behind you in 2020 and as long as i can surf the net and log into my dating sites along with Betfair/Betdaq/Smarkets and Matchbook *Thumbs ,i will remain a happy Windows 8.1 bunny until at least July 2016!

Regards

heracles, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Thanks for the vote of confidence and the suggestion to remove Chrome in 7. I may wait until one of my younger and more computer savvy family members is available for on-site support! While I think I'm okay with Windows 7 on the desktop, I was hoping to buy a new laptop and really don't want to stay with 8.1 on that machine. If I could get a laptop with Windows 7 I would be very happy.

maureen0614, Aug 2, 2015
  10. artbcpa Win User
    Might work for you, but not for me - at least not on all of my computers. I downloaded Windows 10 on 2 computers to test it before putting it on my main computers. Chrome works on one, but not on the other. I reinstalled, downloaded a new version...and it just spins. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft made it difficult to use Chrome. Why should I have to learn edge when I am perfectly happy with Chrome? If I can't get Chrome to work. then I won't be using Windows 10 on all of our computers. This is exactly why I decided to test it first.

artbcpa, Oct 16, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Maureen can now upgrade for free on that same computer for the life of that computer, since she did the upgrade once already.

NavyLCDR, Oct 16, 2015
  12. Now you see why I don't like CROME at all
    I have gone to Edge completely not even got IE11 on my laptop.
    Maureen if you are going to go for new laptop go for one with windows 10 on it.
    It is a good OS and Edge is getting better all the time.
    IE11 and CROME where the 2 causing me trouble even in Windows 8.1
    So when upgraded out with the old in with the new had no crashes and runs like silk

hTconeM9user, Oct 16, 2015
  13. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

Still looking for a new laptop/tablet and imagine all of them will have 10 now, so I'll see how that works with Chrome before I think about trying it again on the desktop.

The tip about being able to download for the life of my desktop wasn't something I knew and I'm glad to hear it.

Maureen

maureen0614, Oct 17, 2015
  14. Most of the laptops still for sale now have windows 8.1 on them with a free upgrade being offered.
    The shops will want to get rid of them first, so you may still have to wait awhile for a complete windows 10 system to appear on the shelf.

In time Edge will become better than CROME, to me I found CROME trying to take over too much, but that was me others may find it ok.
    To me Edge works and does what I want it to, and that was another reason I got rid of IE11 because it kept crashing and freezing up my laptop.

hTconeM9user, Oct 17, 2015
  15. pparks1 Win User
    For what it is worth, I haven't experienced any Chrome issues on Windows 10 on my own machine or the machines that I support at work.

pparks1, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

1. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? - Similar Threads - blocks google chrome

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  4. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  5. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  7. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  8. Google Chrome - Always Blocked

Google Chrome - Always Blocked: In Microsoft Family Setting, under "Content Restrictions", Google Chrome was originally part of the list of "Always Blocked". It has been removed. How do I get Google Chrome back on the list?...
  9. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...