Windows 10: windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

Discus and support windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Another vote for no issues with Chrome on Win 10. [img] Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maureen0614, Aug 1, 2015.

1. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

Another vote for no issues with Chrome on Win 10.

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Oct 17, 2015
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I have to agree with Some of these comments as Chrome runs fine on both my Windows 10 desktops. Also before I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, both my computers were running Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. Now I got bought a newer computer, that had windows 8.1 home installed, I also upgraded this newer computer to Windows 10 Pro, and Chrome runs fine on this computer also.

I still refuse to even let edge startup until it supports add-ons!!!! When that day comes, then I might fire up edge, but not until then. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 17, 2015
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Nice looking Screen!!!! Very Cool *Thumbs

OldMike65, Oct 17, 2015
  4. MissTish Win User

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

New member... please be gentle. I've been trying to find the solution to this issue as well, and I found you fine folks (does sucking up help?).

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. I also downloaded Chrome (though, I can't remember if I did that before or after the Windows upgrade). Both were playing well with each other. I used Chrome successfully on the W10 OS many times. But just in the past couple of days, Chrome won't open at all. I click it..... my computer appears to think about it for a second or two.... and then nothing.

I've uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it. Same thing. No likey. Very frustrating. Especially since it WAS working last week.

MissTish, Oct 20, 2015
  5. What I'd do is remove Chrome from your computer. if you need to delete the profile in your C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Google and delete the Google Folder after installation. You may want to copy it just in case so you can copy your bookmarks back located in the Google Chrome folder. Once chrome is uninstalled and this folder deleted, reinstall chrome from google.com/chrome and see if it opens.

GamerwGlasses, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Microsoft has played a little trick that I think is unfair, on Chrome and browsers based on Chrome.

In Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, Local Area Connections (LAN) settings, the default is "Automatically detect Settings" - click to clear the checkbox, then OK, OK, and close down Control Panel.

This setting makes Chrome look for a proxy server for each page it loads, which slows things up. With the box unchecked, things should be faster.

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Oct 20, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Mine is set to "Automatically detect Settings" and chrome starts just as fast as IE11 on my computer, which is very fast, no slowdown at all.

OldMike65, Oct 20, 2015
  8. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

I'm not so sure Internet Options has anything to do with Chrome launching as it usually is incorporated into Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Chrome and Firefox has their own settings as well, but they are located inside the browser. I have Automatic settings checked on my Windows 10 and I can say that it does not impede the opening of Chrome nor the performance. But, if it works for him, the better.

GamerwGlasses, Oct 20, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    I use Google Chrome.. everyday on my Windows 10... Works fine.... Upgraded OK, and reloaded OK>..

acmanten, Oct 20, 2015
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

1. windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having? - Similar Threads - blocks google chrome

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  4. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  5. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  7. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  8. Google Chrome - Always Blocked

Google Chrome - Always Blocked: In Microsoft Family Setting, under "Content Restrictions", Google Chrome was originally part of the list of "Always Blocked". It has been removed. How do I get Google Chrome back on the list?...
  9. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...