Windows 10: Windows 10 blocks program from running

Discus and support Windows 10 blocks program from running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gene1000, Aug 9, 2015.

1. gene1000 Win User

Windows 10 blocks program from running

Hello all,
    I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says "not trusted" and "incompatible". I've tried everything to override this, including importing the certificate, changing permissions, moving the program to my user account, etc without any success. Can anyone help?

Also, how do I stop Windows 10 from asking me for my hotmail password in order to log on, each time I turn on the computer?

Thanks.

:)

gene1000, Aug 9, 2015
  2. JADAmbra Win User

How do I unblock publisher on windows 10?

Internet Explorer is included in Windows 10, it is not on the start menu or toolbar, search for it on Cortana and you can use it. I'm not really sure it will help with this situation though. A software publisher being blocked from running software from
    running on your computer, installing a program that is using .exe from the hard drive is different then 'running' an internet program that Internet Explorer would be blocking.

JADAmbra, Aug 9, 2015
  3. the program Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed won[t run.

I am having a problem uninstalling a program so i tried downloading Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...lock-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
    So i download the file and try to open/run it and nothing happens. I am using windows 10. Any help would be appreciated

RussellHetzer, Aug 9, 2015
  4. neomatter Win User

You can setup a PIN in settings but no way to remove a password unless maybe reverting to a local account.

Have you tried running the app by right clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator'? Have you also tried running it under compatibility mode? Or both?

neomatter, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    I can only help you with the password thing. *Smile

Press <winkey>-r and then type netplwiz.

Untick "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and choose the user that you want to logon with when your system starts. Press "OK" and when asked provide password. From now on, you will automatically by logged on when booting up.

And that's all you need to do.

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  6. gene1000 Win User
    Yes, I've tried all of those and a lot more. I'll try reinstalling the program. Thanks for your help.

gene1000, Aug 9, 2015
  7. gene1000 Win User
    Thanks for the information. I tried doing that and unfortunately, it did not work. The logon screen still asks for my password. I don't understand why Windows 10 does this. Never had to before.

gene1000, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Rudy Mas Win User

I just checked something. I thought you had to choose the user, but you don't, the only thing you have to do is give the right information when you get the box where the system asks which user you want to login at boot.

I had to recheck it here on my system, I used the following login;

<name>@outlook.com
    password
    password

The test it, I even gave the wrong password the first time, and then the system even tells me there was something wrong with the username or password. When I put in the right password, it worked like a charm.

BTW, this only works at boot time. If you want to automatically login after sleep or hibernation you have to set something else as well. (Power Options -> Require a password on wakeup -> here you can set that it doesn't need a password.)

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  9. gene1000 Win User
    Appreciate your help. I did exactly as you said. I checked off "no password" and didn't enter any. Rebooted and it still asks me for a password to log in. There must be a way to bypass the need for a password. Beats me.

gene1000, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Rudy Mas Win User
    But you did enter the password at netplwiz? If not, then it's normal it will ask you for it. What netplwiz does, is keep a record of the username and password you provided, and when Windows normally asks for the password, it fills it in for you.

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  11. gene1000 Win User
    There is no place to enter a password in netplwiz that I can find. I'm under "Administrators". Whether I check the box or not, I cannot enter a password. Tried control-alt-delete, but it only lets me change a password.

Could you please specify the specific procedure required to eliminate the password at start up.

Thanks....

gene1000, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Slugger Win User
    Did you register a Microsoft account? Try that than go to Settings->accounts. And log in with your Microsoft account. reboot. enter the password. Now use netplwiz, untick enter password and it should ask you for a password. Restart without using password.

If that doesn't work I would image your hard drive (Macrium reflect) and do a clean install. Or even better grab a different hard drive and do a clean install on that . See if it gets fixed.

Slugger, Aug 9, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Take a look.. that's where you enter the password.. and you need to use your MS account for the username..

Windows 10 blocks program from running [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Rudy Mas Win User
    Well, I'll try to illustrate it. *Smile

Step 1: Starting User Accounts

Press <win>-r and type netplwiz.

Step 2: Change setting for User Accounts

Tab: Users -> Untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. -> Click "OK"

WARNING! If it was already Unticked, Tick it first, then click "Apply", Untick it again, and click "OK".

Step 3: Fill in your user account settings.

The following box should appear after you have clicked on "OK" in the previous step.

Click "OK" and then you can restart your PC and you should be automatically signed in.

Rudy Mas, Aug 9, 2015
  15. Was Todo Backup carried over from Win 7 or did you install it in Win 10? Be sure you install the latest version that's Win 10 compatible.

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blocks program from running - Similar Threads - blocks program running

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Malware blocked and unable to run a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware blocked and unable to run a program: HI all, hopefully someone can offer advice on this.Ever since my security software, Bullguard, notified me that it had blocked an infected object named "64barsvc.exe, my system will not allow me to run a poker software program. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix...
  4. Run program from run dialog

Run program from run dialog: How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it? 139393
  5. Run program from run dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Run program from run dialog: How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it? 139393
  6. Block user from disabling programs that boot with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block user from disabling programs that boot with Windows 10: I would like a solution to the following problem, in the company where we work we use an application for electronic point, which when employee exceeds his working time he acts by turning off his workstation. Some users have discovered that by opening the Windows task manager,...
  7. Windows blocking app from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows blocking app from running: Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few...
  8. UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup: I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup. Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me just now. If I use the aero tweak tool to completely disable UAC then these programs start without any issues, but as soon as I...
  9. Block Software from Installing or running

Block Software from Installing or running: Is there a way to stop certain software/apps from installing, or if not possible, from not running? I want to block chrome. Also, can edge in the start menu be hidden? Thanks ( win10 home x64 ) 70307
  10. Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup

Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup: I know to click on 'more info' so I can tell it to install software I have purchased. Is this part of the user controls, and how do I get the computer to stop doing this ? The 'Don't Run' window isn't showing up for all software being blocked. Thanks ! 44156