Windows 10: Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update

Discus and support Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been happily running Windows 10 on a Mesh desktop for ages. I noticed recently that a windows update had failed but seemed to roll back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ItsReevesy, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update

I've been happily running Windows 10 on a Mesh desktop for ages. I noticed recently that a windows update had failed but seemed to roll back successfully. A couple of weeks ago the computer attempted this update again but at the end of the process it rebooted to a BSOD. After a great deal of effort I managed to recover the system to a working state. I then attempted to re-install windows 10 from a recent Win10 ISO image using the option to keep my apps and data. At the end of this process I have now found that it gives me BSOD again. How can I investigate what is the root cause of the problem Bluescreenview.exe shows either ntoskrnl.exe or PSHED.DLL as the cause ? Or am I stuck with having to do a complete fresh Windows install and then re-install all of my apps and data ?

:)

ItsReevesy, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Dann Win User

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update

Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update

1. Windows 10 blue screen after repeated failures to complete windows update - Similar Threads - blue screen repeated

2. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.: Yesterday I updated my laptop from the windows update option. There were a lot of updates pending. So I allowed for all the updates to download and install. After sometime, I think after maybe the last update was installed, my laptop suddenly hangs and goes into the blue...
  3. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.: Yesterday I updated my laptop from the windows update option. There were a lot of updates pending. So I allowed for all the updates to download and install. After sometime, I think after maybe the last update was installed, my laptop suddenly hangs and goes into the blue...
  4. SSD completely vanished after windows update and have many repeated blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.: I recently cleaned my PC and re-installed Windows 11. I have been getting non-stop crashes and freezes. It doesn't always default to a blue screen of death but the PC just doesn't respond. This last time, my PC just failed to boot entirely.I also removed and then reinserted...
  6. Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.: I recently cleaned my PC and re-installed Windows 11. I have been getting non-stop crashes and freezes. It doesn't always default to a blue screen of death but the PC just doesn't respond. This last time, my PC just failed to boot entirely.I also removed and then reinserted...
  7. Repeat Blue Screens after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeat Blue Screens after update: To preface, my system has been working fine for the past 2 years since purchase. After I updated recently to the most up-to-date 1909 files my computer has been randomly crashing giving several error codes. I researched a few of them only to find they suggested it was bad...
  8. Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903: I'm getting an error when I try to run windows update. I stops on and asks me to uninstall a app on the pc. But when I try to uninstall that app, the uninstall hangs when it looks for a file that doesn't exist in the pc....
  9. Repeated Blue Screens of Death after Windows Updates - HP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Blue Screens of Death after Windows Updates - HP: I purchased a HP notebook (model 15-g048ca) in 2014. It's old but because it hasn't been used much, it was running fine - till a few months ago when I did a Windows update and the laptop booted to "Boot Device Not Found". I followed the steps on this video and enabled...
  10. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures: I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but...